Dangerous Waters

Heh guys. Ngl, 4x09 fucked me up real bad. So here's another chapter. You might get one on Friday too if you're lucky. VOTES AND COMMENTS FEED THE MUSE. - Emily. 💜💜

"You were a vision in the morning when the light came through
I know I've only felt religion when I've lied with you"

It was an understatement to say that Felicity was stressed.

It was t-minus two minutes until her father was to arrive.

Oliver had texted her briefly in the morning, but she had warned him to stay away (on pain of never seeing her again - wouldn't want to stop him getting any Intel)

She saw the silver car pulling up into the front drive and fiddled with her hair nervously.

"Hey dad." She said warmly, holding her arms out for a quick hug, which he accepted. "Hey Felicity. It's been a while this time around, huh?" He replied, letting go of his daughter.
She nodded. "I've managed to keep myself busy."

"Good. I'm going for a lie down, I hope you don't mind. It's been quite a long flight."

"Of course. Do you want a cup of tea? Or coffee?" Felicity asked.

"No, I'm fine, thank you." He replied, gesturing for Dig to bring his stuff inside, which he did.

"Okay. I'll see you later." Felicity replied, heading outside as her father headed upstairs. She probably wouldn't see an awful lot of him this trip, nor would he be staying long. The longest he had ever stayed was 2 weeks. She understood he had other priorities, but still. She was his daughter. The only thing he cared about, according to Amanda.

-------------------

Oliver was laying on his expensive looking bed, feeling terrible about himself and everything he's done. Amanda had taken him off the mission temporarily until Damien was out of the city. A.R.G.U.S had no chance of getting to him, nor would they allow him to risk his cover by meeting him.

But he couldn't stop thinking about her, he yearned for her flesh on his, her soft tantalising lips brushing against his. But he shook his feelings away. He couldn't afford to think like that.

Sara was protecting his family now. What else did he have to lose?

If he wanted to tell her the truth, what was really holding him back?

Her. He didn't want to break her heart.

"Oliver, get in here." Roy called to him, jolting him out of his thoughts of Felicity. He fumbled his way clumsily into the wide kitchen where Roy was making dinner. "Hope you like steak sandwiches." Roy offered, holding out a plate.
Oliver took it gratefully. "Thanks. I really couldn't be bothered to do anything tonight."
Roy looked at him sympathetically. "Dude. Stop wallowing. You have the easier job."

"I'm not wallowing." Oliver argued angrily.
"She is a means to an end, Oliver. I'm getting a wave of deja vu. I feel like I've spoken to you about staying away from this girl before. Don't hurt her more than you have to, for goodness sake." Oliver gave Roy a particularly dirty look, putting a part of the steak sandwich in his mouth. "I get it. Doesn't mean I have to like it." Oliver muttered. Roy smirked at him, leaving him in the kitchen as he sat down on the couch.

-------------------

"Sara! I'm so glad you called. I was getting worried about you." Felicity said, dangling her legs off the sofa in the front room.

"No don't worry about me. You have enough to deal with. What's going on?"

"Well, my dads here. And so is Oliver. Is his family safe?"

"Of course. I'm looking after them as we speak, I used that software patch you gave me to hack into their security cameras so I can keep an eye on them. Right now they're eating brunch."

"Oh of course. Time difference."

"Yeah. I had serious jet lag the first couple of days. Listen, I don't want you to introduce Oliver to your dad. I just have a bad feeling it could blow his cover and stuff, you know what your dads like. The second you told him about Cooper he had a team on him ready to kill after they found out about his... Affiliations to A.R.G.U.S."

"I'm not going to do anything stupid. I promise."

"Good. Listen, I better get back. I'm having dinner with Laurel today."

"Are you going to tell her Oliver is still alive?" She heard Sara hesitate down the line.
"No. I can't do that to her. She loved him, you know. Even though Oliver didn't exactly care for her too much, otherwise he wouldn't have brought me."

"Valid point. Is she friendly with you then?"

"Yeah. Well, We're getting there anyway."

"Fair enough. I'll let you go. I promise when this is all over I'll come out to Starling. If my dad approves."

"Which he probably won't."

"True. Take care, Sara."

"Thanks Felicity. I'll see you soon." Sara said, before hanging up. Felicity sighed to herself before busying herself in making dinner. She wondered what Oliver was up to. Was he ever going to tell her his secret? Or did he really not care about her at all?