Chapter 12: Honey, I'm Home!

This is not my story. This is deadlydaisy8o8's story. I am merely fixing grammatical and punctual errors. Nothing more.

----

AN/: Well, don't you just love how there is no rhyme or reason to how quickly I update? Isn't it just peachy! I know it's weird, but what can I say, something came over me today and I just could not stop. This is another one of those chapters I'm not sure how I feel about yet. I think Vlad might be a little off. Though I do try to explain his behavior a little at the end. I'm really excited about the next chapter. I don't want to give anything away, so I really can't say much more than that. There are a couple of things I would like to address before you all get started with this chapter:

– First off, someone asked me about a Twilight Danny Phantom crossover, and I cannot for the life of me figure out who it was. If you were the person who said something to me recently about that, please PM me or something so I can get a hold of you.

– Second, go read "Taking Action" by spirtming675. It freaking rocks. (Don't let her fool you with her authors' notes, it was mostly her creation!)

– Jads, dude, I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet! I promise I will get something to you tomorrow!

– Lastly, if I ever don't update this story for a long time and you want to know what's up, I plan on posting excuses on my profile. So if you're ever wondering what is taking so long, go read that.

----

Running to the Enemy's Arms

Chapter 12: Honey, I'm Home!

By: deadlydaisy8o8

Originally uploaded: Thursday, July 7th, 2010, 10:03 PM

Revised by: MerciLani; Friday, June 12th, 2015, 11:39 AM

----

Vlad's P.O.V

I apprehensively stepped inside the front door. When I couldn't see Daniel anywhere, I was put on edge. I had to remind myself that he would not be waiting for me to get home like a six year old. He would most likely be in his room. I had to convince myself for the millionth time that day that he was still there; that he had not changed his mind and ran away. That wouldn't happen. He was the one who had come to me. He chose to be here; there was no reason for him to leave.

The small clacking of high heels got my attention as a maid approached me from the hallway to my left. She asked with a knowing smile, "May I take your coat and briefcase, Mr. Masters? I can have it brought up to your private study. I would have been here to meet you at the door, but you came home a little early today."

The laughter in her eyes made me wipe the overly worried scowl off my face. Though I wasn't successful in removing it altogether, I was able to make myself look somewhat dignified. "Yes Stacy, that would be lovely. How did everything with Daniel go while I was away? Was he fed lunch?"

I gave her a look that said 'your answer had better be yes, or I was not going to be happy'. I frowned slightly when her smile flickered. "Yes, he did eventually run into one of us, and we were able to make him something. Although, it wasn't until later in the day. I can assure you, Mr. Masters, that when twelve o' clock came around, we did look for the boy. But we could not find him; he proved to be very elusive. When he did approach us, we made sure he had at least half of what was on his plate. He has been well fed and refused to eat anything else, claiming he was full, even when we offered to make him something more to his tastes."

Stacy nervously smiled and fidgeted with the edge of her white blouse. I internally cheered. He was still here! He hadn't left and decided to go somewhere else! He was here willingly, and even after he had a chance to clear his head, he hadn't left. I had a very strong urge to hug the maid in front of me but quickly repressed it. It would be unseemly. I instead stiffly nodded her away. She seemed relieved to have been dismissed, and wasted no time hustling away with my coat and briefcase.