Me and My Cat-Like Reflexes

This is not my story. This is deadlydaisy8o8's story. I am merely fixing grammatical and punctual errors. Nothing more.

----

AN:/ Okay, a couple of things today. 1) I will be heading off to band camp in four and a half hours. 2) This isn't really how I want to publish it but I felt really bad about not posting for a long time so you guys get this: a sort of in-between limbo of a final draft and a rough draft, until I get back from Band Camp. 3) I'm going to do that major overhaul I've been talking about after Band Camp as well, and after that the entire story, including this chapter, should flow better. Alright, that's really all I have to say today.

----

Running to the Enemy's Arms

Chapter 14: Me and My Cat-Like Reflexes

By: deadlydaisy8o8

Originally Uploaded: Monday, July 26, 2010, 2:59 AM

Revised By: MerciLani; Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 3:48 PM

----

IMPORTANT: Okay, to understand this chapter, you need to know some of my theories about how ghost powers work. Okay, so let's say that something is intangible. I believe that if I become intangible also, I could touch that object. Mainly because that when you turn intangible, you really switch to an intangible plan. So you should, in theory, be able to touch things that are also on the same plane as you. Same goes for invisibility. If I'm invisible, I should be able to see other invisible things. It's kind of like a double negative. However, things on the intangible and invisible planes can also see and touch things on the regular plane we exist in all the time. I don't know why, but it makes things easier. On with it!

----

Danny's P.O.V.

I meandered my way down the hallway, not a hundred percent sure of where I was going. I had to re-memorize the way to the dining after Vlad had moved me to the room I had picked out. I was only guessing I was heading the right way.

Yup, there's the ugly painting of the turtle; I was headed in the right direction.

It was currently 5:23 in the morning. Now, the reason I was up at this ungodly hour was, of course, because of Vlad. It had been six days now, that I had been at Vlad's house, and every morning since I had been here (except for the first day) he had insisted that I get up and have breakfast with him before he went to work.

At 5:45 in the morning.

The one time he had gotten me up at 8:30 was a fluke, apparently. He had been running late or something like that. Said he had a late night or whatever. I just didn't understand why there couldn't have been a late morning to match. He usually didn't have all of those people fussing over him either. Another "running extremely late" thing.

Now, on a "usual" morning, he would come into my room at 5:10 to wake me up, tell me to be down to breakfast in twenty minutes, and leave me to get ready. After I got down to the dining room, he would proceed to try to get some sort of conversation out of me, which was really a waste of time. If the sun wasn't up and a ghost wasn't attacking, I wasn't going to be doing much of anything besides existing. Usually, he laughed at me and how tired I was. Then after he left, I would go back upstairs and sleep until about 2:00 PM.

That was how things had been going down, and that's why I was wandering the halls with my eyes half-open. I just had to stay awake through breakfast, and whatever Vlad was trying to get me to talk about, and then I could go back up to that cloud of a bed and sleep like any sane person would.