Just Get in the Limo and Shut Up

This is not my story. This is deadlydaisy8o8's story. I am merely fixing grammatical errors and punctuation, nothing more.

----

AN:/ Well I don't think this chapter was really necessary but I wrote it anyway because I like interaction between Vlad and Danny. You can skip it if you want. It's a little longer than last chapter. I like it; I hope you like it. I tried to get more of the grammar stuff out. Please let me know when you spot something. It does me and others a world of good. Thanks again for reading; hope you all like it!

----

Running to the Enemy's Arms

Chapter 16 Just Get in the Limo and Shut Up

By: deadlydaisy8o8

Originally Uploaded: Friday, August 15, 2010, 9:56 PM

Edited by: MerciLani @ Wednesday, June 22, 2016, 12:05 PM

----

Danny's P.O.V.

"There is no way I am being seen in this!" I fussed around in my suit jacket and pulled at the collar of my overly starched and pressed white oxford. We were standing in the entryway, waiting for the limo to pull around.

"You're overreacting Daniel, really it's not as bad as you're making it out to be. Even if you wanted to wear something different you couldn't. The school has a very strict dress code and you will be expected to uphold it." Vlad remarked, rolling his eyes.

I paused in tugging at the cuffs of my undershirt. Looking up at him, I exclaimed, "Yeah, and it doesn't say that students are required to wear solid gold cuff-links, Armani Suits, silk ties, or Rolex watches! Vlad, I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb in this rich kid crap!"

I tried to loosen the tie around my neck only for Vlad to come and tighten it back up again. "Daniel, I've been over this with you. You are not going to a place like Casper High. I think you'll find that you will fit in quite well in your current attire."

I only rolled my eyes. If Vlad believed there was any population of teenagers that would willingly wear this sort of thing every day, well then he was sorely mistaken. I tried again to unbutton the suit jacket so that I could at least wear it open. Vlad however was having none of that. I sighed and gave up trying to make myself more comfortable. It was a losing battle.

Vlad spoke up, noticing my blatant distaste of my outfit. "Daniel, stop being over dramatic. Really, you'll see once you get there. This is not so uncommon where you are going. I do believe that once you get used to wearing these things you will become quite fond of it. You do clean up quite nicely little badger."

Vlad had this smirk on his face like he knew something I didn't. I just raised my eyebrows and shrugged it off. Lately that smirk wasn't causing me as much pain as it was inconvenience or embarrassment. Whatever, I could roll with the punches. It's not like I wasn't used to being at the bottom of the social latter.

Vlad smoothed out the red handkerchief in my suit chest pocket one last time, running his fingers over the DM that was embroidered intricately in the corner. He smiled warmly before he seemed to grow somewhat stern. The mood shift caught me off guard because up until now anything that was related to me calling myself a 'Masters' had brought nothing but ecstasy to Vlad's face. I paid close attention when he opened his mouth.