We Are Family?

I do not own this fanfic. This fanfic belongs to deadlydaisy8o8. I am merely editing and fixing grammatical and punctual errors.

~~~~

AN:/ Another quick update for you. I don't know why but it didn't save my formatting when I posted it so don't freak out. Oh, and just as a heads up, I'll be starting school here in a couple of days, so updates may slow down. Just be patient. As difficult as that may seem to some of you. Alright, well I guess I don't really have anything else to say. Enjoy.

~~~~

Running to the Enemy's Arms

Chapter 21: We Are Family?

By: deadlydaisy8o8

Originally Uploaded: Saturday, September 4, 2010, 10:04 PM

Edited by: MerciLani; Sunday, November 4, 2018, 3:45 PM

~~~~

IMPORTANT: Vlad woke up before Danny and managed to get out Danny's grasp without him waking up. I didn't want to wiggle that super awkward "I'm gonna wake up and I'm cuddling with Vlad Masters" scene in there. Because I'm lazy and I think Vlad is perfectly capable of getting out of this situation Scott free because he's Vlad. If enough people complain, I'll write the scene. But I won't put it in the story, I'll just PM it to all the people who were angry. There, that's all you need to know.

~~~~

Danny's P.O.V.

"Daniel! You need to wake up!"

I groaned and rolled away from the faraway voice. It sounded angry and I did not want to deal with angry right now. I wanted to sleep.

"Daniel, this is your last chance!"

I continued to remain immobile. Couldn't this voice see that I was tired and that I wanted to be left alone? I waited a couple of minutes, expecting more shouting as that had been the pattern so far.

ZZZZAAP!!!

My eyes shot open, a brilliant green. Whipping around, I grabbed the hand of my attacker. Focusing on the person's center-of-mass, I shot a powerful ectoblast.

"Daniel!"

The person dodged out of the way after slipping from my grasp. I blinked a few times as I recognized that the voice was Vlad's and that I was in my pajamas still. I sighed and slumped back to my pillow. I had to stop doing that. Now officially out of "attack whatever is waking me up" mode, I was getting a headache from moving so fast. Maybe if I went back to sleep for a minute it would go away...

"Daniel, don't even think about going back to bed. Sit up this instant," Vlad warned, causing me to sigh and begrudgingly obey. I rubbed one eye as I glanced up at Vlad. He was, of course, all ready for the day. He stood over me as I took in my surroundings and got my bearings. I spotted a very large burnt hole in the wall and cringed. "Sorry about the--"

"Daniel, we've been over this every morning since you've arrived. I will not be accepting any apologies. You are incredibly hard to get to wake up, dear boy. It was only as a last resort that I gave you a little jolt. You actually took it much better than I expected. Now I need you to get up. You have to go to school today and I have to be at work."

A whole host of emotions welled up inside me when he mentioned school. I didn't know how to sort through them all. The most prominent was dread. I didn't want to deal with those people right now.

Vlad must have noticed because he asked, "Is something wrong, Daniel?"

I avoided eye contact and shook my head. This was something I didn't want him 'helping' me with.