I Love Tech-nol-ogy (But Not... as Much as You, You See)

AN:/ Okay, here's the last one I have for right now. I know it seems like we're just inching along here, but I promise things will get exciting again soon. I actually just finished writing the next chapter, but I'm feeling all written out for the day so I'll go back through and clean it up later. This chapter is even longer than the first two, so you should be happy. My eyes are starting to get dry from staring at the screen. Once more, thank you all for reading. I know it seems slow right now but it's really going to pick up these next couple chapters, and I don't think you'll be disappointed. I just have to figure out what Danny is going to say at this one part and then I'll have more for you. Alright, ON WITH IT!

---

Running to the Enemy's Arms

Chapter 17: I... Love Tech-nol-ogy (But not... as much as you, you see)

by: deadlydaisy8o8

Originally Updated: Friday, August 15, 2010, 10:05 PM

Edited by: MerciLani on Saturday, September 17, 2016; 4:31 PM

---

Danny's P.O.V.

I was pushed into the seat a little bit as we rounded a corner. We had gotten off the highway a long time ago and the whole stopping thing had woken me up. As soon as I had gotten over the fact that Vlad was completely crazy for handing me that much money, I didn't hesitate to use the entire length of the limo as a nice place to sleep for an hour. Oh, and the suit hadn't lasted long either. I was currently stripped down to my white cotton undershirt, dress pants, (without the stupid belt. I don't know why Vlad made me wear it; my pants stayed up just fine on their own.) and the black socks Vlad was making me wear. The suit jacket, the white oxford, and my tie were currently serving as my pillow while the rest of it were somewhere on the floor.

I stretched my arms and legs from one end to another. I could touch both ends of the seat at once. Just because I was awake didn't mean I thought it was necessary to sit up. Nope, I was still lying down, burying myself in the smell of whatever detergent Vlad used.

I felt myself slide forward a little as the limo came to a stop again. I waited for it to start up; figuring we were at another traffic light. There was a small 'thump' that sounded like a car door opening and closing. I briefly wondered what the heck that was all about when the answer was shoved in my face. Suddenly the interior of the limo wasn't so dark as the door by my feet was opened. "Daniel, sir?"

I rolled with a yelp to the floor of the limo. I let out a low groan. Crap, we were there, weren't we?

"Sorry to disturb you young sir but we have arrived." Yup, we were here. I didn't miss the laugh hidden in the driver's voice either. With whatever dignity I had left, I pushed myself off the floor and got myself back into a sitting position on the black leather seat. I muttered, "Fine just give me a sec."

I rubbed my eyes before I reached for the shoes and the belt so I could put them back on. The belt was easy enough, and the shoes weren't far behind. It was when I got to disassembling my pillow that things started to go south. Needless to say, nothing was quite as wrinkle free as it had been when I had entered the limo. Most of it looked like it could have been related to a raisin.

"Excuse me sir, if I may interrupt?" My heart jumped a little bit again, but that was normal. I was still sort of groggy. I turned to where the driver was leaning inside the limo. He was holding a hanger with a new shirt, jacket, and tie on it. "I believe Mr. Masters anticipated something along these lines?"

I rolled my eyes before scooting towards the end of the limo where the driver was. I took the hanger with a mumbled, 'thanks'. In the chest pocket, along with a new red handkerchief, was a little slip of paper. I took it curiously but rolled my eyes again once I saw what it said.