Chapter 10 - Breakfast: The Most Important Meal of the Day

This is not my story. This is daisydeadly8o8's story. I am merely revising grammatical/punctual errors. Nothing more.

~~~~

AN/: Okay guys, I worked really hard to crank this one out, so appreciate it! I have been so freaking busy lately. I have had so much crap to do, so many people to see, and a lot of places to go. Don't expect another update for at least a week and a half, because after I get back from this trip I'm going on, it'll be Fourth of July and I have to march in a parade on the fifth and see family for that, so don't get your hopes up. Pearl, remind me to message you; I need to ask a couple of questions before I post the next chapter. Thank you to everyone who reviewed last chapter; you will be getting short I promised! Yeah, for you. Not for me because I was stubborn and decided to crank it out in the past three hours, so go check it out. It's called, “Hey There Delilah” and I’m posting it immediately after I’m done with this. You all earned it. I really do love those reviews, you guys. You all are too nice! Um, what else, what else… I can’t really think of anything else to say. For all you critics out there, I want you to pay close attention to Danny’s reaction, and I want you to tell me if you think it was uncalled for. You’ll know what I mean later. If you don’t and you want to know, PM me or review and I will let you know as soon as I can. Oh, and just as a side note, I really like the title to the chapter. I think it’s the best one so far! Ignore the horrible spelling and grammar; it’s late, I’m tired, and you can sort of understand it so it doesn’t really matter!

~~~~

Running to the Enemy’s Arms

Chapter 10: Breakfast: The Most Important Meal of the Day

By: deadlydaisy8o8

Originally Uploaded: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 12:44 AM

Edited: Monday, July 5, 2010, 9:42 PM (for really bad grammar and weird formatting)

Edited: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 8:21 PM

Revised by: MerciLani @ Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 9:14 AM

~~~~

Danny’s P.O.V

“You will never be our son – who could love a monster like you?! Now get out of my house and away from my family, you bloodthirsty monster!”

I blinked a couple of times coming out of my daydream. I lay awake in bed, staring at the folds of the canopy above me. I had no more tears left to cry, so I merely sighed and turned to look at the window to, hopefully, prevent myself from slipping into another daydream. However, just because my mind wasn’t showing me vivid images of my parents’ rejection didn’t mean I could stop thinking about it. It was all I could think about.

For hours, I laid there and wrapped my mind around the concept. My parents did not love me. They hated me; they believed I was a monster and that I had kidnapped myself. Had Jazz said something to them? Did she try to convince them otherwise – to take me back?

I rolled over and looked at the door that led to the hallway. I had to do it in such a way that I didn’t get tangled up in the pajamas Vlad had given me to wear. They were a black silk and didn’t stretch at all. I had already taken off the top – it was on the floor, next to the bed. Unfortunately, the task of flipping over was only a temporary distraction. My mind quickly went back to dwelling on my situation.

I still wasn’t sure how I felt about Vlad. He hadn’t reacted like I expected him to. Half of me wanted to think he was just playing with me and trying to get me on his side, and the other half didn’t care regardless. I wanted the attention. I wanted to feel like there was at least one person who cared if I existed. I debated over and over whether to let myself feel better because of Vlad, even if he was faking, or if I should shove the comfort away and prevent myself from the pain it would cause later. As much as I wanted to try, shoving Vlad away was an impossible option. I couldn’t really run away from him; I was living with him now.