Chapter 2 - Head in the Clouds

Remember, this is not my story. This is deadlydaisy8o8's. I am merely copying and fixing grammatical and punctual errors here and there. Nothing more.

~~~~

AN/: THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING TO READ! No really though, thanks because if I had seen this fic, I probably wouldn't have continued to read it because of that first chapter. It warms my heart when you guys give my stories a look. Oh, and here's a question for someone with nothing better to do. What is the difference between a hit and a visit? I can't figure it out. Anyway, thanks for reading guys, really. I like this chapter way better than the first one and I like the next one even more. So have faith; it does get better. Or, at least I think it does. 

---- 

Running to the Enemy's Arms 

Chapter 2: Head in the Clouds 

by: deadlydaisy8o8 

Originally Uploaded: Monday, May 31, 2010, 7:26PM 

Edited: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 8:12PM 

*Grammatical and Punctual Errors Fixed (by MerciLani): Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 1:35 AM* 

---- 

Danny's POV 

My Ghost Sense had gone off again; it was already the fourth time today. I groaned and changed direction so that I was headed towards the nearest hiding spot: a janitor's closet down the hall. The hallways were virtually empty, the bell having rung here moments before. I ran a little faster than was normal for a human being towards my intended destination. 

I knew where every single hiding place was in this stupid school. Needing to hide on a regular basis can do that to a person. I didn't just need to hide from Dash and his cronies either, though I have no doubt that the other geeks he pounded on had a good idea of all the best hiding spots. I needed a place to hide way more often than that. 

I had figured it out once a year or two ago, and I average about five ghosts a day. That was a year ago though I'm pretty sure that number has increased. It didn't help either that all the weak ghosts had decided I was too powerful and didn't bother me anymore. You'd think I would've appreciated their absence, but it turns out that when the weak ghosts decide that they can't handle something, the bigger, meaner ghosts take it as their cue to move in. It was a relatively good thing that all ghosts tended to act the same, so their movements tended to be fairly predictable. 

My shoes squeaked on the linoleum floor as I slid to a halt in front of the door I had been looking for. I flung the door open, and my mind lost all of its higher function. I didn't just find some dry old mops like I had expected. 

I had found Sam, 

and Tucker, 

kissing. 

Rather heatedly. 

I stood for a moment in pure shock. My heart was pounding in my ears; the ghost I was about to go fight long forgotten. Basically everything in my head was forgotten. I didn't really even remember how to breathe. My skin got cold and clammy and I got goose bumps on my arms as what was before me started to set in. 

It was a second or two before they realized they weren't alone anymore. Sam pulled away and blinked a couple of times at the light. Her eyes searched for the cause and seemed to focus on me in the doorway. Lines of black were streaked down her cheeks. She had obviously been crying, and into Tucker's arms, based on the large amount of mascara that Tucker now sport on his shirt. As if confused and scared, Sam opened her mouth to whisper, "D-Danny?"