Chapter 7: It Turns Out Violence Is The Answer

This is not my story. This is deadlydaisy8o8's story. I am merely copying, and fixing grammatical errors and punctuation here and there. Nothing more.

~~~~

AN/: Okay guys, I'm gonna tell you right off the bat: I am not happy with this chapter. I've been over it a million times and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get it right. It's like that kid that refuses to behave. Like a piece of hair you can't get to stay the way you want it. I just wanted to let you know that I really did try. And yes, I know it's been a little bit since I updated, but you know what, I had exams which I was freaking out about, my grandpa died, and I didn't get too many reviews last chapter, so I wasn't feeling too motivated. (I'm not begging you guys to review more. I think it's incredibly annoying when writers beg at the end of every chapter. I'm just saying that the amount of reviews I get tends to be fairly proportional to how fast I update.) All in all, I'm not too excited about this chapter. I know you guys kind of were, but I didn't want you to get your hopes up and be sorely disappointed. What can I say? I'm depressed, unmotivated, bored, and my writing has suffered because of it. What are you gonna do? Go ahead and read the chapter I guess...

~~~

Running to the Enemy's Arms

Chapter 7: It Turns Out, Violence is the Answer

by: deadlydaisy8o8

Originally updated: Friday, June 11, 2010, 7:10 PM

Edited: Friday, June 11, 2010, 8:56 PM (For atrocious, overlooked grammar.)

Edited: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 8:17 PM

Revised by: MerciLani @ Friday, January 9, 2015, 8:17 PM

~~~~

Vlad's P.O.V

Jasmine had just hurriedly left in a decrepit, rusted old car. I am not sure why she left; she was shouting about something checking to see if Daniel was at her dorm. Her leaving was of no consequence to me, however. Quite the contrary; it would just mean I wouldn't have to overshadow her while I exacted my revenge so she wouldn't remember or stop me from getting it. Because I would be having it, that and so much more.

The house, if you really wanted to call it that, was brightly lit from the inside. I could clearly see Jack's silhouette whenever he lumbered in front of a window, as well as Maddie's form whenever she flitted into view. I waited for all the street lights to turn and for the moon to be clearly visible in the sky. The atmosphere had to be perfect for a good scare. I wanted to do so much than make sure they never touched Daniel again, but I could only cause an injury or two. If I did anything to serious, Daniel would surely find out and would be highly upset with me. This wouldn't have been too much of a problem before but I was the boy's guardian now, and I had to consider how my actions would impact him because of the fact. My heart shortly swelled with happiness at the thought.

I flew down to the front porch in my ghost form, and stood calmly at on the small cement square. My ghost signature was suppressed so that I wasn't setting off any of their alarms. I raised my fist and briskly knocked on the door which shook lightly in its hinges, undoubtedly from being broken open so many times. I regally held my hands behind my back, concealing the ecto-blast I had prepared in one hand. Heavy footsteps thundered toward the door; it burst outward as the imbecile Jack Fenton appeared in the doorway with an obnoxiously large ecto gun in tow. "Ghost!"

Before the moron could pull the trigger, I ripped the gun from his hands and tossed it lightly behind me in the yard where it exploded rather over dramatically in a small ball of flame. Jack's face was priceless as he stared dumbly at the now scorched section of his front lawn. Clearly he'd not expected that outcome. He came back to his senses long enough to meet my eyes. They widened slightly before they narrowed. "The Wisconsin Ghost!"