Chapter 5: Rubadubdub Slip Slide

This is not my story. This is deadlydaisy8o8's story. I am merely copying and fixing grammatical and punctual errors here and there. Nothing more.

~~~~

AN/: HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP, GUYS! I cannot believe the response I am getting for this story. Really, I am having a hard time grasping that you all like it so much. I keep getting story alerts and favs and comments and stuff. OMG, you guys are gonna make my head too big! So, I got my butt into gear and I worked on this chapter every day after school. (Those comments really do motivate me to get cracking, probably a little more than you know) I tried to get this to you guys as fast as I could just because you guys are being so awesome to me. I'm pretty happy with this chapter, but I'm not sure how you all are going to react to it. I think a couple of you will be surprised and another few will be disappointed, and another few will be annoyed that I cut it off where I did (hehe... don't hurt me!). Anyway, after you finish reading the chapter, you'll understand, but it might be a little bit longer before I get the next update up. I want to do it from both POV because I think they would both have some interesting points to cover. Anyway, I hope you all like this chapter as much as you have liked the other ones (oh, and for anyone who likes to go through and critique while they read, I had a couple of things you might want to look out for. Do Danny's emotions go up and down too much? Does Danny's reaction seem appropriate? There is barely any dialogue in this chapter; does staying in Danny's head get a little boring?) Thanks once again guys for reading, really you all flatter me to no end. 

---- 

Running to the Enemy's Arms 

Chapter 5: Rub-a-dub-dub Slip Slide in the Tub 

by: deadlydaisy8o8 

Originally Uploaded: Saturday, June 5, 2010, 4:43 PM 

Edited: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 8:15 PM 

*Grammatical and Punctual Errors Fixed (by MerciLani): Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 9:52 PM*

---- 

Danny's POV

Oh God, I was comfortable. I mean, I didn't even know it was possible to be this comfortable. I really didn't care that I had to go to the bathroom so bad my bladder was going to explode, or that my stomach hurt because I was so hungry. I absolutely did not want to move. As far as I knew, I would never be this comfortable again, so I was going to savor it while it lasted. In fact, if Skulker came in right now, I don't think I would get out of bed to fight him. I was that comfortable. 

I kept my eyes closed and stayed completely still. I did not want to wake up and then not be able to return to this blissful state. Instead, I let my other senses tell me about my surroundings. It had to be a little later in the day. I could feel the sun beating down on the comforter and making it warm, and I could see the sunlight through my eyelids. I could hear birds chirping outside. That was kind of weird, though. Birds didn't usually hang out around our house. Well really, any sane living organism didn't hang out around our house. The explosions and screaming with the weird flashes of light were enough to make anyone wary. I ignored the birds with no self-preservation instincts, passing it off as an anomaly and tried to take full advantage of my current situation by attempting to fall back asleep. 

I was almost back to sweet oblivion when I heard a little 'chink'. Almost like someone was setting a cup down on a saucer or something, but that couldn't be right. We didn't own any saucers. Well, at least that were used for their intended purpose. My dad used them in the lab as Petra dishes. Besides, the sound itself being weird, it was even weirder that I'd heard it in my room. Why the heck would there be fine chine in here?