Life is Like a Box of Chocolates...

This is not my story. This is deadlydaisy8o8's story. I am simply copying this story, as well as minor revising and editing. That is all.

---

AN/: *Sad face* Aw, you guys have been giving me the silent treatment lately and it makes me sad. I'm not sure if you guys think I need to pick it up a little bit or if you think my story is getting worse or what, but you make me worry with your silence! This is, of course, discounting the few of you who did review. For those few, I would like to say, thank you so much. I give you a million dollars and a real life version of your favorite cartoon heartthrob! Um, I can't really think of anything else to say. This chapter is a little shorter; I really like it. I think it's realistic and stuff, or at least I tried to make it that way. Guess I really just hope that you like and that you review. *shrugs shoulders* Alright, it's get on with it!

~~~

Running to the Enemy's Arms

Chapter 13: Like is Like a Box of Chocolates...

by: deadlydaisy8o8

Revised by MerciLani: Saturday, November 28, 2015; 11:06 AM

---

Jazz's P.O.V.

I had to take my foot off of the accelerator once again to get below speed limit. My nerves were getting to me and it was showing in the lead foot I had inherited from my dad. I glanced at the speedometer, seeing it flutter or 70. I would get there soon enough; I did not have to be like Dad and break traffic laws.

I guess I hadn't realized I was going that fast because there were no other cars around. There was nothing but me, the road, and a lot of cows. I was happy to be alone right now. Really, I was happy to be anywhere that wasn't in the vicinity of my parents. I just didn't want to deal with them right now. I was still wrapping my head around the fact that they were as crazy and obsessed as I had originally thought them to be. I mean, with the stuff Danny and I have been through, and the things they've done to him in his ghost form, I decided a long time ago that if it came down to this, I was Danny's side, no question.

I don't know how to explain what happened between us when I found out Danny had ghost powers. It was like we both knew that we could never betray each other. We would always have the other to lean on. I was actually thinking about our relationship one day when the perfect symbol of what it was like popped into my head. I remembered a scene from the movie "Forest Gump", the one where Bubba and Forest are in Vietnam. Bubba and Forest leaned on each other's backs so that they wouldn't had to sleep in the mud.

That was exactly what Danny and I had, only way stronger. I would die for Danny, and Danny would die for me. We both knew it in our hearts.

I perked up slightly when I spotted the massive structure I had been looking for in the distance. I still had a ways to go, though. Quickly I ran through all of the arguments I was going to pose in my head. If Vlad knew where Danny was, then there was no way he was trusting me with that information if he thought I was on our parents' side.

I went over and over in my head how I was not with my parents. Honestly, I didn't want to be a part of that family if that was the way they were going to treat Danny. If our parents were stupid enough to shove Danny away like that and not be there for him when he needed it most, then I was no longer on their side. I was going to be there for Danny, no matter what. He did so many things for the greater good, for the town, for me, that I wouldn't have it any other way.

My red, rusty old car rolled to a stop in front of the massive marble steps. I put it in park and turned off the ignition. Gripping the wheel tightly, I took a deep breath before I swung the door open and got out of the car. I quickly popped the trunk before I closed the door. Moving to the back of the car, I lifted the lid of the trunk to reveal my own personal ghost arsenal.