Now Say Ahh

Disclaimer: This fanfiction belongs to deadlydaisy8o8 on Fanfiction.net. I perform light editing and revising to allow a cleaner reading flow. Enjoy the chapter.

~~~~

AN:/ Two words, people: MARCHING BAND! That's the only excuse I really have to throw at you. That, along with school and college applications. Other than that, though, I'm not going to defend myself. Yes, it's been a long time, but I really wanted to get this right. I'm still pretty sure that I'll change a couple of things when I go back through after I've finished writing the story. But I think it serves its purpose for now. If you ask me, Vlad still seems a little detached, but idk how to fix it anymore. I'm satisfied with the chapter right now, so yeah. I hope it lives up to everyone's expectations and that you think that everyone stays in character. I'm not sure if I stayed true on that front either, but idk. You just have to let me know in a review. (Please?) anyway, happy reading!

~~~~

Running to the Enemy's Arms

Chapter 27: Now Say Ahh...

by: deadlydaisy8o8

Originally Uploaded: Saturday, October 9, 2010, 10:14 PM

Edited & Revised by: MerciLani; Sunday, November 29, 2020, 11:44 PM

~~~~

Vlad's P.O.V.

I walked down the hallway towards Daniel's room, trying to prepare myself for what I would discover this evening. It had become apparent that the boy was more than physically fit after a short time training him. However, the tales I read in his diary painted a picture of a boy who was far too used to working through the pain. I would not be fooled by the façade Daniel chose to put up for everyone else. It was entirely possible that more than a few of his bones had healed incorrectly or that he had some sort of severe scarring.

I was readying myself to see the evidence that those horrific injuries had left behind. I had a hard time holding my emotions in check when I was merely reading about the damage. I would have to be diligent about maintaining a confidant air if I came across anything that the boy may have collected from his ghost fights.

I was determined to remain composed for the boy's sake, and I was not putting this off because I was uncomfortable with it. This was something that needed to be taken care of sooner rather than later. I presume the most I would find were a few incorrectly set bones and scars. I would attempt to control my own anger or worry for Daniel's sake. He didn't need someone to 'freak out' because of what he had been through. He was with me now, and that was all that mattered. Nothing more could happen to him when I was watching over him. No ghost that valued their afterlife would dare to get near Daniel when I was the one protecting him. There was nothing to worry about.

I approached Daniel's door and gave it a gentle knock.

"Yeah."

I slowly cracked the door open. Inside, I found Daniel's room a mess, even though I had the maids come in every day to straighten it out. On his bed, papers were strewn over it as if a copy machine had exploded there. In the middle of the mess was a spot against the headboard large enough for someone to sit there. Daniel wasted no time getting out of his suit either; the components strewn over the floor in a trail towards his closet.

Daniel himself was now in what he preferred to wear: an unbuttoned oxford, undershirt, and jeans. He was sitting over on his computer, engrossed in some game. Without turning around to see who had opened his door, he spoke, "Hey, thanks for the sandwich. Can you bring it over here real quick? I'm almost to level 34, and I need to be able to concentrate. I only have one life left -- I need to pay attention, or else I have to start all over."