Chapter 9: It's Only a Flesh Wound!

This is not my story. This is deadlydaisy8o8's story. I am merely fixing grammatical/punctual errors here and there. Nothing more.

~~~~

AN/: Alright guys, I couldn't think of anything else that I wanted to include in this chapter, and I think this is as good as it's gonna get. I'm pretty proud of it. I left a couple of grammar things unfixed in the diary entries because they are just that - diary entries. No one writes the first time with perfect grammar. Well, at least most of us don't. Hopefully it is up to you guys' expectations. I'm over here crossing my fingers. Just to clear this up, none of these diary entries would fit on one page of a diary. Vlad does flip the page a couple of time before he reaches the end of any of these entries. I just didn't want to break to say that he flipped a page. That would be stupid. If I get more than ten reviews for this chapter, I'll write a short story of diary entry number 9. You'll know what I mean when you get there. Let me know if you think Vlad figures too much out on his own. That's my main concern for this chapter, so all of you people who read critically, drop me a line if you find any faults. I will be golfing and snorkeling (shut up, I know I spelled that wrong) tomorrow, so I probably won't even get to start on the next chapter until Monday/Tuesday-ish. You guys all rock. I cherish every review I get and I reread them several times to keep me motivated. You guys are too nice to me!

~~~~

Running to the Enemy's Arms

by: deadlydaisy8o8

Originally Uploaded: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 12:30 AM

Edited: Monday, July 5, 2010, 10:04 PM (for grammar and words that had been mushed together)

Edited: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 8:19 PM

Revised by: MerciLani @ Friday, January 16, 2015, 7:10 PM

SEMI-IMPORTANT: Just as a heads up, anything italicized is what Danny has written. The entries will also be separate from Vlad's reactions by line breaks. This is only semi-important because you most likely could have figured that out on your own, but I thought I'd give you a heads up anyway. Oh, and these diary entries don't have numbers or dates. Honestly, I didn't want to take the time to figure that crap out, and Danny doesn't really seem like the kind of guy who would take the time to do that sort of crap anyway.

----

Vlad's P.O.V

I made myself some black coffee. I would need the extra energy to pull off this all-nighter. I was not twenty anymore. I stared at the book I laid closed on the counter and studied its every feature - every dip and divot, every scuff and scrape. I found it slightly ironic that book that contained all of Daniel's secrets was black. The coffee machine beeped and I impatiently poured myself a generous mug of the hot liquid. I took the book from the counter and made my way through the halls to my private study.

Tenderly, I carried the book in my hand and went to sit on my favorite chair by the fire. My feet rested on a small footrest, and I placed my elbows on the arm rests. I settled down like I had done so many times to read, although this time, it was so much more significant. I wasn't just reading some biography, where things were skewed and was filled with nothing but half-truths. This was no fictional novel where I could brush off anything I disagreed with as nonexistent. This was the doorway to the doubts and uncertainties of the only person who I cared about.

I knew there would very well be things about me in here. I had caused him a lot of trouble; I made sure of it. I knew I might not like what I saw, but I had to do it. I had to read this. I could not just have left something like behind. I was an opportunistic man, and this was an opportunity I would have traded my entire Packers collection and the team for.