TEN

"Thanks for the guitar." Zayn said happily.

Lauren gave him a blank look. "Thanks for being an ass." She snapped, then slammed the Mustang's door behind her and walked away.

"See you later, babe!" He yelled. Lauren just raised her middle finger in the air without looking back. Zayn laughed loudly, then drove off.

"Such a dick." She mumbled while making her way to the attic. The house was empty and quiet since everyone was still in their jobs, except for Zayn of course. Playing gigs would never be considered as a proper job for Lauren.

She threw her bag on the floor then jumped on bed. She didn't do anything heavy today, but she was more than exhausted. Crying really sucked the energy out of her.

Lauren's mind wandered to what happened earlier. She couldn't believe that Zayn pulled a prank like that. And she couldn't believe that she calmed down because of a fucking vanilla ice cream. She had to control herself when it comes to her favorite food because it just became her weakness, and Zayn was lucky enough to discover it by himself.

But she wasn't really angry at Zayn this time. Probably because she could now sleep properly without thinking about Zayn's eye. He still needed a pair of eyeglasses for protection, but it was way better than the eye patch. And the fact that his eye sight wasn't affected was a huge relief to Lauren.

Also, he shouldered half of the guitar's price which really shocked her. Alright, maybe he still had a heart.

But Zayn made her cry and almost gave her a heart attack. His jokes were indeed too much for Lauren . She spent three hours with him but she almost lost her sanity, and she couldn't imagine staying with him for another hour or two.

Well then, he's an ass with a little heart, she thought. Like, a pinch of it.

Lauren wanted to sleep but Liam would pick her up in two hours, so she chose to have a long, therapeutic bath instead. Luigi and Dustin would be both back at six, so it's the perfect time because she would have the bathroom all by herself. She took her scented candles and headset with her to the bathroom.

When she dipped her body to the warm and fragrant bubble bath, all the tension were lifted from her shoulders. She put her headphones on, closed her eyes, and let the water wash her away to the bliss.

Beethoven on her ears and rose scent floating in the air...it was more than enough to relax her soul and forget about the insane things that happened today. It wasn't late to have a good day, she would see Thor with Liam tonight and she knew it would be fun.

More than twenty minutes passed, and Lauren was fully charged again and ready to seize her night. She went out from the tub, wrapped herself in a bathrobe and headed back to the attic with her things.

Lauren suddenly got worried when she saw her clothes. She didn't know what to wear. The last time she went out with a guy was years ago and it seemed like she already forgot how to dress for a date. She wanted to wear a pair of her usual jeans but she was having second thoughts about it, so she grabbed her phone to ask for help.

"Luigi? Uhm, I need your help." Lauren murmured on the phone while biting her nail.

"Oh my god." Luigi exclaimed nervously. "Please tell me you didn't murder Zayn. I don't have any idea where to hide the body."

"No it's not about him." Lauren replied, her other hand rummaging her closet. "I don't know what to wear tonight."

"Oh." Luigi exhaled in relief. He thought his two friends started a riot again. "Wait for me, I'm on my way home already and I'll be there in fifteen minutes." He said, then hung up.