TWENTY SIX

A/N
OHMYGOD. I'm really sorry if I didn't update last week. I went to a trip and I was really exhausted. But GUYS. GUYS GUYS. ZAYN RELEASED A FULL INTERVIEW COMPLETE WITH PICTURES AND SHIT. If you've seen the pics, he's looking so much like a rockstar and I'm so happy coz I love rock Zayn! It's why my Fanfic is about it lol.
Also, Lauren followed Zayn on IG! I'm so hyped with all the things that's happening rn so I'll give you three chapters! Enjoy! Hope you'll like them!

Dustin placed a plate of brownies and two cups of tea on the table.

"Luigi is out for groceries, he'll be back soon." He told Lauren, who just nodded. He took the seat beside her, eyeing her silently while he sipped his tea.

"Is everything okay?" Dustin asked.

Lauren pulled a small smile. "Yes."

He knew she was lying, but he decided not to push it. "It's your sister's wedding on Sunday, right?"

"Yeah." She replied before sipping her tea. "I have to go to Oxford tomorrow, for the preparation."

"With Zayn, yes? He's that last minute groomsmen, eh?"

Lauren just nodded, then took a brownie from the plate. She was still exhausted because of Poppy's bridal shower last night, but she couldn't stay at her apartment. Clouds of thoughts had been occupying her head ever since Wednesday, when she and Zayn celebrated their first month.

"Where's Zayn by the way?" Dustin asked. "Haven't seen him much these days."

She pursed her lips. "I don't know, to be honest. He just told me that he's going to do something important today. He didn't tell me what it is. I thought you'll know."

He frowned. "No, he's not telling me anything." He answered, suddenly wondering what Zayn was up to. The last time he saw him was last Saturday, when The Kidiots played in a club.

Lauren sighed deeply. The fact that even Dustin wasn't aware of Zayn's real business was only adding to the heaviness of the clouds inside her head.

"Did something happen between you and Zayn? Did you two fight again?"

She shook her head slowly. "No." She muttered. Everything was fine between them, except her thoughts.

"You can talk to me about anything, Lo. Especially if it's about Zayn." Dustin said, because he could feel that there was something going on inside her head. And actually, he was expecting things like this to happen.

She emptied her cup, debating with herself if she should ask Dustin. In the end, she chose to drop the question.

"Uhm, Dus." She began, swallowing the thick air around her. "How long did Chloe and Zayn know each other?"

Dustin did the math in his head. "Six years, I think. Yeah, six. They met on first day of college, and Chloe went to LA with Zayn after graduation."

Lauren turned at him. "She went to LA with him?"

He saw something in her eyes, so he quickly cleared things up. "Yes, but not as a couple or what. Chloe tried her luck in US too, you know. She entered modelling, and she shared an apartment with Zayn because it was cheaper. It was Chloe who went back in England first. Zayn followed after three months."

Lauren went silent. She didn't know any of it, Zayn just told her that Chloe was a friend. Plain and simple. He didn't go to further details.

"Is Chloe still bothering you two?" Dustin asked.