THIRTY EIGHT

Jourdan leaned closer to Harry, then whispered. "Is he alright?"

Harry turned his head to Zayn who was alone in the corner of the club, drinking scotch with a crumpled face.

"I don't think so. I think he had a row with Lauren. He didn't say anything to me, though," Harry replied.

"I'll talk to him," Jourdan said, standing up.

"Good idea," Harry murmured, then went back to his beer and to the girl beside him.

Jourdan carefully took the seat beside Zayn. "Can I join you?" she asked, smiling.

Zayn just nodded. Jourdan called the waiter for a drink.

"Everything alright?" she asked.

He snickered bitterly. "Grand."

"It shows," she replied, glancing at the bottle of scotch in front of him. "Wanna talk about it?"

"Nah. It's okay. It's already fixed anyway," he said, thinking about what Harry suggested to him. He followed the lad's advice, but he was still bitter and angry about Liam's instagram post.

He and Lauren talked in Skype last night, but he didn't mention anything about his jealousy and discomfort towards Liam. Lauren told him everything, about them painting the walls and eating pasta after. He knew that nothing more happened between the two, because he trusts her.

But he would never, ever trust Liam.

"If you say so," Jourdan muttered, not pushing him. The waiter arrived and gave her the drink she ordered. Silence floated between the two of them.

"I heard your ex visited you yesterday," Zayn finally spoke. He decided to talk, not because he wanted to, but because Jourdan had been very kind to offer him company and he couldn't just treat her like nothing.

Jourdan shrugged. "Son of the bitch wants me back," she spat bitterly. "Fucking douche. He was so confident that I'll return to him."

"What did you tell him?"

"I told him to fuck himself."

Zayn chuckled softly. "Good job."

Jourdan smiled. "Finally, Malik. I thought you'll be frowning all day!"

He managed to pull a thin smile. Out of nowhere, three ladies suddenly appeared in front of their table, beaming so wide.

"Hi, we're huge fans of The Kidiots," said the one with red hair. "Can we take a picture with you? Please?"

Zayn grinned. The fans would never fail to put a genuine smile to his face. "Sure, babe," he said, and the three ladies squealed quietly.

Jourdan stood up to give space for the girls, but one of them pulled her hand. "Don't leave, we want a picture with you, too. You're really beautiful, and we love how you style them!" the girl chirped, making Jourdan blush.

"I'm just doing my job, girls," she giggled.

After taking multiple selfies, answering lots of questions about the album and the tour, the three girls finally decided to leave. They approached Harry and Niall next who were chilling on the nearby table.

"Your fans are so sweet," Jourdan said.

"That's true. And you got fans as well! Look at you, you're too famous now!" Zayn chortled.

She rolled her eyes. "Piss off," she laughed. "You really like it, huh? Being famous? Having hot fans?" she teased.

Zayn turned red. "If I say no, I'll be the biggest hypocrite in the world. It's flattering, but my heart will always belong to one girl."