TWENTY TWO

Lauren stared at the painting she just finished, then let out a satisfied sigh followed by a wide smile.

Her eyes traveled to the canvas sitting in front of her. She couldn't explain the happiness she was feeling while looking at it. She had made a lot of paintings, and she even lost count on how many they are but none of them made her feel that way. Only the two paintings she did yesterday and today were the ones that seemed to affect her so much.

Lauren glanced at her bed, where Zayn was lying faced down under the sheets, sleeping like a baby. She looked at her painting again, then smiled. She had to admit, she did a really good job in her impressionism painting of Zayn sleeping in her bed.

She stood up and headed to the balcony, admiring the rising sun over the horizon. She didn't sleep much because she woke up at four in the morning without any reason. Well, maybe there was, because the moment she opened her eyes, she reached for her paint brush right away to create something.

"Meoooow"

Lauren looked down at Api, who was staring at her with his proud eyes. She took him to her arms, then kissed his nose.

"Morning, Api." She told the cat while stroking its neck. "You hungry?"

The cat purred, but it buried his head to her chest. Lauren already knew what her cat wanted.

"Alright, then. I'll give you some cuddles." She smiled, then sat on the chair to cuddle Api on her lap. The cat closed its eyes, feeling his owner's every stroke to his fur.

A quick kiss brushed on Lauren's cheek, surprising her a bit.

"Morning, jaan." Zayn greeted her with his low and weak morning voice. He took the other chair, pulling it close to Lauren before sitting on it. His eyes were still puffy and his hair was all messy, but his smile painted Lauren's world in bright colors.

"It's still early, you have to sleep more." Lauren smiled.

Zayn rested his head on her shoulders. "Can't sleep again if you're not beside me. Let's get back to bed."

She giggled. "It's Monday. I have to work."

He pouted childishly. "I officially hate Mondays." He lifted his head. "I love your paintings by the way."

"Do you really mean that, or you're just saying that because I'm your girlfriend?"

He pouted again, and Lauren just added his cute little pout to her list of her weaknesses. Yes, that deserved the top spot on her list, along with Zayn's morning voice and sexy morning hair.

"I said it because it's the truth." He murmured, giving her nose a soft pinch. "I look lovely in your painting."

She snickered softly. "You really think it's you?"

Zayn narrowed his eyes. "Is it someone else?" He asked, a sprinkle of bitterness crossing his face.

"Silly little Malik." She laughed. "Did you genuinely think that it's someone else? It might be an impressionism, but it's obviously you. A boy with lilac hair in my bed, duh?"

Zayn beamed widely, his smile emitting rays of light and Lauren just wanted to keep them in her pocket. "Of course I know it's me. You're so in love with me ever since you first saw me, so obviously it's me."

"Your self-esteem will forever amaze me." She snickered.

"Ain't it the truth?" He smirked.

"No."

"Oh come on, babe. Your eyes turned to cute little hearts when I entered the kitchen. Like an emoji."

Lauren laughed. "Just in case you don't remember, I called you an asshole on that day. And I also slapped you."