THIRTEEN

Lauren stared at the empty desk in front of her. She was missing Luigi so badly. She had to admit, work was boring without him. It was her first time to feel weary while she was on her job.

"Alright bitches, time for lunch!" Anna yelled when the clock hit twelve.

Lauren sighed deeply. She and Luigi always eat their lunches together, and now she had to eat alone. Worst part was, she forgot her lunch in the house. She was in a hurry this morning because she woke up late. Lauren talked to Liam on the phone until three in the morning and now she was dead tired and lunch less.

"Hey, Lauren. Wanna join us for lunch?" Anna offered, and their other co workers were standing and smiling beside her.

"Uhm, thanks but, I think I'll just have a nap. I didn't sleep well." She said, and that's what she was really planning to do since Luigi wasn't around.

"Alright. If you change your mind, we're just in the pizzeria across the street." Anna chirped. She waved her goodbye before leaving with their other colleagues.

Lauren's office mates were actually all nice and none of them had been a pain in her ass. But she didn't connect easily to anyone, with the exemption of Luigi of course. Luigi didn't mind if she was being a buzz kill or if she was too quiet or too reserved sometimes.

The office was empty so she filled the air with her playlist of classical music. She wasn't hungry because all she wanted to do was close her eyes and sleep. Even fifteen minutes of nap could save her life for the moment.

Just when she was getting comfortable in slouching to her chair, her phone rang. She lazily reached for it through her desk, and she didn't have any idea who was calling since it was an unknown number. She decided to ignore the call. She just really wanted to doze off.

But her phone rang again. She cussed under her breath, then grabbed her phone to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Lauren! Your fucking cat bit me!"

Lauren straightened up from her chair. "Zayn?"

"Yeah this is me! Your cat fucking bit me and it's bleeding!"

"Api won't do that." She laughed. Api wasn't a violent cat, she was so sure that Zayn was trying to pull a silly joke again.

Zayn's response was too loud that she had to hold her phone away from her ear.

"WHAT THE FUCK LAUREN? YOUR FUCKING CAT FUCKING BIT THE SHIT OUT OF ME AND YOU'RE LAUGHING AT ME? I'M ON MY WAY TO YOUR WORK RIGHT NOW, MEET ME IN FRONT OF YOUR BUILDING AND TAKE ME TO THE GODDAMN DOCTOR!"

She sighed in disbelief. "Are you shitting me? I'm just on my lunch break you freaking twat! You're overreacting! If Api really bit you, go to the doctor alone, my presence isn't necessary!"

"IF API REALLY BIT ME? WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN? THIS ISN'T A FUCKING JOKE. I'M ALMOST THERE AND IF YOU WON'T MEET ME YOU'LL BE BURYING YOUR FUCKING CAT WHEN YOU GO HOME!"

"How dare you-

But Zayn already ended the call. Lauren's temper shot to the sky.

"Fucking asshole!" She yelled to one. She quickly shut her computer down, took her bag with her and dashed to the lift.

"I swear to God if he's messing with me I'll cut his balls out." Lauren grumbled under her breath while she was inside the lift. The other people inside gave her scandalized glares, but she didn't care. She was tired, sleepy and pissed all rolled into one.

She ran from the lift, headed outside the building and scanned the street for any signs of Zayn's vintage car. A few seconds passed and the Ford Mustang pulled over in front of her.