FOURTEEN

"Nan had a blast." Dustin said happily before drinking his ice cold beer.

Luigi and Zayn both nodded. "She had so much fun." Luigi chirped. "I must say, Zayn's songs and Lauren's cake were the highlights of her celebration. So, thanks a bunch, Zayn." He added, turning to Zayn who was busy fanning himself with a piece of cardboard. The afternoon heat was really intense that they have to remove their shirts and chill under the tree for some cool air. But it seemed that every corner of London was suffering from the most cruel summer ever.

"Anytime, mate." Zayn answered.

Luigi adjusted his sunglasses. "I really appreciate the effort, guys. And bless Lo. She baked Nan's cake right away despite the fact that she wasn't feeling well."

"And she baked it really good!" Zayn exclaimed. "Three layered chocolate cake with those pretty icing designs. Sick!"

Luigi uttered his approval while Dustin gave Zayn a meaningful look. Zayn caught his pal's eyes.

"Why are you giving me that look, Dustin?" Zayn asked, slightly narrowing his eyes on him.

Dustin grinned. "I didn't say anything, mate. I just looked at you, is it forbidden now?"

"You know how much I love cakes." Zayn said.

Dustin snickered, then nodded slowly. "I know, bro. Why are you suddenly explaining yourself?" He asked, his grin getting wider.

Luigi took the piece of cardboard from Zayn's hand, then fanned himself with it. "Of course you like cakes, Zayn. Especially bukkake cakes." He chimed in, making Dustin snort to laughter and Zayn just shook his head before drinking his beer.

"Speaking of Lauren, there she is now." Dustin said, and he witnessed how Zayn excitedly turned his head to where Lauren was parking her car. Dustin quietly squinted at his good friend, bidding with himself on how many days were left before the massive downfall of Zayn Malik the Great.

Lauren took a deep and sad sigh before going out from her car. She felt like drowning herself in vanilla ice cream while listening to Reszo Seress' Gloomy Sunday. It had been a very heartbreaking Sunday for her.

She heavily walked to the lawn. She saw the three shirtless boys sitting under the shade of the weeping willow tree, which stood proudly beside Luigi's house. Lauren suddenly wanted to weep her heart under the tree. Luigi, Dustin and Zayn were all drinking ice cold beers, and she was convinced that even the universe was forcing her to drink and cry her disappointment out.

"Hi Lolo!" Zayn chirped at her with a smile. She just nodded, then sat on the grass beside Luigi.

Luigi removed his sunglasses. "What's with the sad face?"

Lauren didn't answer. She removed her uncomfortable blazers, leaving her thin, white spaghetti strap. Dustin saw how Zayn's eyes lingered on Lauren's bare shoulders.

"Can I have some beer?" She asked Luigi while tying her hair to a ponytail.

Zayn unconsciously handed his beer to her, and Luigi glared at him. "Not that you twat! It's almost empty."

Dustin had to bite his lip to control his laughter. He reached for a beer from the ice bucket beside him, then opened it before giving it to Lauren.

"Thanks." She mumbled, then took a drink. The beer was cold, as cold as the hearts of other people.

"Tough day?" Dustin asked her. Lauren nodded.

"Worst day ever." She replied, her eyes fixed on the bottle she was holding.