ONE

"Impressive," Lauren whispered to herself while looking around Luigi's place. She almost didn't recognize it at all because the house turned to a night club.

The living room was transformed into a dance floor with LED lights which could change its colors with the beat of the music. There was a mini-stage where the DJ was mixing tunes Lauren never heard of. A huge disco ball replaced the room's chandelier and a bar was also set up on the corner near the kitchen.

"Dustin prepared all of these," Luigi murmured beside her. "This my the best birthday party yet." He pulled Lauren to the corner. "Guess what Dustin gave me for my birthday," he whispered excitedly.

"Uh, a very lovely hickey?" Lauren asked, eyeing the screaming love bite on Luigi's neck.

"Aside from that," Luigi replied with a playful smirk, then took a drink from his cup.

Something from Luigi's finger caught Lauren's eyes, and it made her gasp.

"Oh my God!" she exclaimed, taking Luigi's hand to have a proper look at the diamond ring on his finger. "Holy crap you're engaged!"

Lauren hugged him and they both jumped like giddy teenagers who just saw their campus crush.

"I know right!" Luigi squealed. "I wasn't expecting it too! I thought we will just have a dinner outside, but he brought me to a boat in river Thames. A fucking boat, Lo! With romantic lights and shit. And he went down on his knee and he pulled a ring from his pocket! Oh god, I still can't believe it! He put a ring on it!"

"I'm so happy for you," Lauren said as she hugged her friend again.

"Thank you, oh my god. I feel like changing my address, I just moved to cloud nine," Luigi said dreamily. "Anyway, don't you dare sneak home at eleven o'clock tonight! You did that last year you twat!"

 "You know very much that I don't like getting drunk. And loud parties," she pointed out, already feeling dizzy with the loud music booming in her ears.

"I'm not telling you to get drunk, I'm telling you to stay a bit longer. Bitch you can't say no, this is my birthday slash engagement party."

She sighed, then emptied her cup. "Fine. I deserve a friend of the year award for this."

Luigi clapped her hands in triumph. "Stay until the morning and I'll give you a Disney gift card. Now if you'll excuse me, I forgot to lock my room upstairs. I don't want my bed sheets to get stained with c*m from drunk and horny visitors," he said, then left her alone in the corner.

Lauren decided to go to the kitchen to give her ears some rest, squeezing herself in the middle of the crowd. Luigi was a really friendly lad and it was obvious on a number of people that showed up tonight.

She exhaled in relief when she saw the empty kitchen. Foods and drinks were lined up on the counter, and the boxes of Dominos caught her eye. She opened a box, then sat on the stool to eat.

"I could definitely make it until the morning if I'll just stay in here," she mumbled to herself after biting her second slice of pizza.

She was on her third slice when a guy in a leather jacket and ripped jeans entered the kitchen. His hairstyle was pretty unusual but cool for Lauren. The sides of his head were shaved while the rest of his silver-dyed hair fell graciously on his face.

The world seemed to function in a slow motion when his subtle brown eyes made contact with hers. He brushed his hair away from his perfectly chiseled face with his hands, then took a final puff of his cigarette before throwing it into the bin. His face looked a bit cocky but undeniably gorgeous.