TWENTY FIVE

"Just sign here, please."

Lauren signed the piece of paper the delivery man gave her. He smiled at her, then left.

"Whoa there." Luigi exclaimed in awe while Lauren settled on her chair with the bouquet of red roses in her arms. "Did Zayn send that?"

Lauren just smiled at him cheekily. She opened the envelope which was attached on the bouquet, then read the letter inside.

To my jaan,

Happy first month, baby! Fuck yeah, one month down! Can you believe it? Cause I still can't to be honest, have to pinch myself every now and then while I'm writing this, haha!
I know thirty days is a very short period of time, and I'm aware that we're not even close to halfway yet. There are things that we don't yet understand with each other. We have so many discrepancies, doubts and hesitations in our relationship, not to mention the differences in our personalities. I also doubt myself a lot, if I really deserve a girl so beautiful like you. But you know what, in this short period of time, I learned to love you so deep, I learned to apologize, I learned to sacrifice my pride, and I learned to see the world in a different way. But most of all, I learned the art of true love, and I'm so blessed to discover it with you.
I also would like to apologize if most of the times you have to deal with my shit. Sorry about my hot temper, my messiness, my constant swearing, immaturity, etc. I'm not perfect, and I'd never be that perfect boyfriend, and I can't give you a perfect relationship. But this relationship is uniquely ours...perfectly imperfect in its own way. It's our own story, and I can't wait to write the next chapters with you. Thank you for making me smile and giving me more reasons to live. I love you, and I always will. Here's to more months, years, and centuries! See you later, alright?

P. S
Sorry about my handwriting! I was shaking madly while writing this! Never wrote a letter to anyone, you know. Oh, and don't forget to check the note I left for you in your fridge!

Lots of love,
Zayn

"Oh my god." Luigi murmured behind Lauren who, was tearing up a bit because of the letter. "Did Zayn fucking Malik really write that?"

She cackled in laughter. She didn't notice it when Luigi decided to read the letter with her.

"I'm so sure this is his handwriting, just a little messier than the usual." She replied, her lips taped in a silly childish grin. She was totally unprepared for that letter, and she was floating in clouds. Zayn already greeted him this morning with a tray of breakfast he cooked himself, and she was already so happy about it. She didn't think that he had another surprise hidden under his sleeve.

"He really changed. Miracles do happen." Luigi said, sniffing the roses.

"He didn't change." She disagreed. "His real colors just showed up. Behind his cockiness and arrogance is a good man."

Luigi rolled his eyes. "He's still an ass sometimes, you can't deny that. A friendly reminder that he started a brawl in the club last week because a random guy insulted his band."

Lauren just smiled. "Yeah, maybe he's still an ass. But when he smiles, I only see the good in him."

"I want to throw up." He joked as he returned to his desk, making a face of disgust.

Hours passed quickly, and Lauren was so excited to go home to just spend the day with Zayn. She checked the note on her fridge right away once she got home.

Hi jaan! Check under your bed. Love you.
-Z

Lauren frowned. Is Zayn playing a scavenger hunt or what?