Chapter 4: A Human and A Prince

Hey guys!! The next chapter!!! It slowly is leaving the 'weird beginning stage' that this book started in!

The next chapter will be posted this week!!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sigh, looking at the bathtub nervously. I haven't taken a good bath in ages. And what if the Prince filled the water with poison? I was also now in my naked human form which was awkward.

Mindy, when I did finally transform, was shocked that I turned out to be an actual girl. She also didn't stop complimenting on how gorgeous I was and how she loved my multicolored hair and golden eyes. I then freaked her out when my eyes turned back to their human version of blue.

"Cate! Get in!" She ushers me. I freeze; Kate was my mother's name and the two sound very alike.

Mindy's features instantly soften even more, realizing her mistake based on my memories, "I'm sorry Catelyn, but come on, time to get in."

I nod my head and slowly slip into the warm water. My muscles instantly relax and I close my eyes in pleasure. Mindy laughs before washing my hair. She let me wash my own body in peace before making me turn dragon.

She they began to groom me like a spoiled horse. Not that I minded the underneath of my scales being cleaned. Afterwards, I turn back human and she quickly dries me off. My bed was now made, probably by one of the servants, and a gorgeous silk black dress was lying on the bed. I frown at it; however. It was very revealing with an open back and it only went down a little higher than the knees. It was also a very tight dress, probably made to hug my curves tightly.

I look at Mindy, questioningly. She shrugs her shoulders in response, saying that the Prince wanted me to wear that when I met him as a human.

"How about my cousins?" I ask as Mindy begins to put on my dress. I was wondering about my family.

Mindy pauses in her talk of how the castle is run, which was what she was talking about during all of bath time. It was a basic structure but what surprised me was that the prince only hired mythicals. The nobles that lived near the castle were human and believed all of his staff to be human. However, it turns out he takes non-broken mythicals and hires or buys them to work in the castle. He didn't approve of the mythical training and pet-making for he himself was a mythical; however, his family did and the tradition continued.

Mindy sighs dreamily, "Well the brunette, I think Alex?"

"Simon." I correct her.

"Ya Simon, he was made a guard. Guards work in pairs. One guard is always in their human form while the other is in animal form, acting like a pet, or guardian. Since he is still a new but strong guard, he was made as a 'pet' leopard for one of the top guards."

I notice Mindy zone off dreamily before smirking, "Do you like my cousin?"

"What? Oh! Oh.. no! No no no... No..." She says too quickly.

I smirk up at her, noticing her blush but stay silent.

"How about Alex? The blonde twin?" I ask her.

"Oh him! He became one of the main protectors for Prince Morris' younger sister for he also proved his strength quite nicely. Her name is Amanda. She is really nice and is only sixteen years old. She is actually a fairy. Which works for Prince Morris is a wizard and often helps her with her magic. I am her personal maid, and now yours also."