Chapter 26: Plans

Early Update! THE BOOK HAS ONLY A FEW CHAPTERS LEFT! THE END IS COMINGGGGGG dun dun dunnnnnnn! Anyway, since the end is coming and climaxes are always fun when randomly stopped (total sarcasm), I will be updating every 2-3 days, starting today! Please vote, enjoy, and COMMENT!

Enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Morris castle was right in front of us as we hid in the forest. Violet was quiet in my arms as the rest of my small team was at my side. We decided to leave the villagers out of this attack. Since some of the villagers still wanted to harm Violet, we chose to take her with us.

"We need to figure out how to get past all those guards!" exclaims Lance.

Tens of guards were walking around the castle's perimeter with the human guards holding their weapons in one hand and in their other hands, holding their broken animal-transformers.

"The humans cannot be that much of a problem. It's the mythicals at their sides." Mindy notices. My hand reaches for the back of my neck sub-consciously.

"Mindy. Grow some more trees up ahead. We need a better look." I command.

Mindy closes her eyes and lifts her hands up. Trees shoot up a little ahead of us and we all quickly go to them for cover. My eyes assess the scene as guards were shouting to each other and animal-transformers growling at everyone.

I notice to our left was a stray animal-transformer and guard. I tilt my head left and everyone understands. We connect mentally, "Looker to our left..."

The group nods, "What do we do?"

"Lets take him out. Maybe he can tell us when the shift of guards occurs.... Go."

The group scatters. I go dragon while the little Violet giggles, "Dragon ride! Dragon ride!" I smile as I disappear back into the trees, stalking the guard and his... pet.

I wrap Violet around her waist with my tail as she laughs, "T-that-T-t-tickles!"

I put her on the ground and look intently on her, "Stay here little one."

She nods her little blonde head. I sneak through the trees, coming closer to the Master and Pet.

"Now!" I screech mental. My pack jumps from the trees from all sides onto this human and animal-transformer. The wolf goes into insane mode. He starts attacking everyone as Alex, Mindy, and Amanda start fighting with the human. The human guard manages to punch away Alex and goes off running while the wolf continues to try to fight.

"I'll get the human. Get down the wolf!" I scream mentally as I chase after the human. He is easily tackled down in a few large steps.

I knock him unconscious with my wing and drag his body back to the cover of the tree. Together, my family managed to get the wolf trapped into a little circle. But since all of them were needed to keep the wolf down, nobody noticed little Violet running into the circle, laughing at the 'fluffy doggy!'.

"Violet!" I yell as I rush forward. But the wolf beats me to it. He sees her before any of my group could comprehend that she was there. He lunges at the laughing child. My horror reaches my scales as they turn white.

"VIOLET!" I scream as she disappears from my view, under the wolf's body.

I rush over to hear a whimper of pain from the wolf. The wolf collapses to reveal Violet giggles with her hand on the wolf's snout. The wolf transforms back into its human form revealing a fit young man. He groans, sitting up cautiously. I transform back to human. The man's hand automatically reaches for his neck and he jumps to his feet. His eyes grow large, "H-h-how did you do?"