Chapter 10: Popular Break

GUYS! I ACCIDENTALLY POSTED THIS CHAPTER BEFORE CHAPTER 9!!! (I have fixed it now) But, if you have READ THIS CHAPTER before chapter 9, PLEASE GO read CHAPTER 9 first, then reread this one. 

I JUST POSTED CHAPTER 9 so PLEASE READ THAT ONE FIRST!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit perched on a tall rock, my eyes able to see everything within a few miles around us. The rock slides down my dagger as I sharpen my weapon. Every time my hand drags that rock across my dagger, a spark ignites, sharpening the blade to be a bit more deadly.

I hear a branch crack and my head instantly snaps towards the direction. Alex freezes, putting one of his hands up. He continues once he sees I wasn't going to kill him. He drops the large pile of wood onto the floor of the little open area we had found. Alex sighs, stretching his back. "Catie Cat, when are we going to go home?"

I stop sharpening for a second, before continuing that pattern of "shick, shick, shick..." as the rock slid across the dagger. "Once we find which kingdom these demons are coming from, we will go home."

Alex takes a deep inhale, "We have been traveling, following demons and killing them, for the last week... I wonder how long do we have left."

"When we get to the darkness border, we will stop. Nobody is going past that border. Too many people have entered and never returned."

I hear a low growl and my head snaps toward the other direction. There stood the sleek black leopard figure of Simon, holding fresh kill in his mouth. I twist my body on the rock and cause one of the sparks from the dagger to fall onto the wood. Alex nurtures the fire to life, as I continue sharpening, watching our surroundings and the setting sun.

The sky was alive with the blazing colors of fire. It reminded me of my father, the dragon of the solar eclipse. I sigh longingly, I miss them.

Simon was by now transformed as he walks over to me. He puts a comforting hand onto my shoulder and gives me a small smile. "We will go home soon."

"I don't really care when we get home, just as long as we finish our journey." I say defensively.

"Every leader says that but in the back of their mind, they also wish to go home." Simon responds quietly back. I pick up my head, stopping the sharpening of my dagger. Simon removes his hand from my shoulder and walks over to his twin brother, sitting next to the blazing fire with the rabbit cooking over it.

After a few more hours, it became pitch black. The sounds from the forest were all eerie and screechy. I transform into my dragon form, my scales taking the pitch black color of determination. The night lights up before me thanks to my night vision and I see Alex and Simon turn into their large feline forms.

We connect mentally.

"Let's get this over with. Follow the demon until the darkness boarders, wait until it meets the next demon or rogue, then destroy both."

Alex and Simon nod their heads and then were off into their own separate trails through the forest. Alex, being almost a white color, was meant to force the demon to move a different direction. There Simon will be hiding. Being he is all black, he will be almost invisible. He will follow and lead the demon to the finally place, where I would be hiding.

We stalk up to the area where the demon 'fell asleep' when the sun arose and waited for it to 'awaken'. My golden eyes catch as the random pile of black leaves shivers and shakes before magically turning into the black smoke of a shadow demon. It looks around carefully before beginning its float towards the darkness boarder.