Chapter 23: Family War

Happy Valentines Day! I don't have a Valentines but this is an excuse to publish a new chapter ^V^. Please vote and please comment! Enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I yelp as I am thrown into a dungeon cell. A growl butterflies into my throat as I look at the woman who caught me and shoved me in.

"Catelyn?" A feminine asks in my head.
"Mom?!?!" I reply, looking left and right and where she might be.

The female in front of me sneers, "Your mommy dearest is here, but you won't see her."

I start growling again while my mother's voice echoes out, "Don't touch her Sheila!"

Sheila, the older woman who caught me, snaps back, "Oh shut it, sis! It isn't me how is going to hurt her, it's her mate!"

Sis?

"No! That won't happen!" screeches my mother. Other adult voices join in and I realize my whole family was here.

I hiss, catching the woman's attention, "My mate won't do anything to me because I don't have one!"

The woman grins, "Oh child. You will be hurt by my child, the Demon Heir, who will in turn force your master to hurt you."

"Y-you are Selina's mother??" I stammer.

Shelia sneers, "Yes dearie. Wasn't it obvious?"

"Of course it wouldn't be obvious, she took some of those genes from me, "A familiar masculine voice says.

I turn dragon instantly, "Percy!"

"Percy? Who the hell is Percy?" I hear Jack, my uncle, question.

King Percy, Damian's so-called uncle, snarls into the dungeon where my family was apparently kept, "Its Pierce! Ethan's brother! Just Catelyn, his daughter, thinks I'm 'Percy'."

Everything then clicks. Sheila was the half-sister my mother told me about who tried to take my father Ethan. Pierce is my father's vampire brother. Both of them disappeared once my mother defeated the Demon King.

"You are my uncle and aunt?!" I screech in disgust. My mouth quickly shuts and my scales turn white in embarrassment.

Sheila smirks, looking further into the dungeon, "She has your mouth Kate."

I hiss. My family growls.

"This way my dearest! My mother is over here!" I hear Selina's voice say in its perky annoying way. The dungeon door opens and there was Selina with Damian in her grasp.

Selina walks up to Percy, or Pierce, and Shelia. "Damian, meet my mother and father. My father actually took your kingdom!"

Damian was doing everything in his power not to break the act and strangle Pierce.

I whine out and Damian's head snaps to me. Selina grabs his attention by calling out Pierce, "She is talking yet?"

Pierce shakes his head, "No. Which is disappointing because you did tell Damian to make her to talk."

I then realize their words. Damian wasn't strong enough to fully control me through the Master/Pet bond.

Selina pouts her lip, "Pity. She was fun to ride. Time to execute!"

My whole family starts roaring in my defense. Shelia screams, "SHUT IT! YOU GET TO WATCH THE EXECUTION IDIOTS!"

More roaring and cursed words.

"She didn't do anything!" screeches my other Aunt, Anna.

"Yes she did! She was strong enough to partially resist the Master/Pet bond!" screams Selina back. She then looks at me, "You are too dangerous for my plan. We need you gone... and I know just the way."

**

"Alright little Moon mythical. Time to jump!" crackles Shelia, Selina's mother.

Pierce stands on the side, next to my chained up family. Damian was tied up by Selina's side. He tried to save me but instead gave himself out.

I gulp, looking over the cliff ledge. My execution, you are wondering? To jump to my death off the large castle. It was by now night time and the stars weren't bright enough for me to see what was down there. Probably because Shelia had a dislike of blood.

My family, especially my Mother and Father were fighting fiercely and Damian had the look of bloodlust in his eyes.

I look at Selina with pleading eyes, but it did no good. She had a sadistic glow to her. "Hurry up little Princess. All you have to do is walk off the ledge, fall, and there. You are lucky that it is a swift execution instead of a torture."

I hiss, "This is my torture because you know I can't fly!"

Selina shrugs, her sneer growing. "Well... times up." Her hand shoots forward and a swirling black smoke shoots out of her hand. I scream as it drags me to the edge of the castle. "No! No! Please! No—ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" And then I fall.

The whistles around me as I plummet down, down, down... The pain was like needles to my face. Then, a cold feeling whooshes into me. Relaxation settles my bones as the impossible-to-see floor finally comes to view.

I feel my scar design on my back flower to life with tingles and my dragon is forced onto me. My body transforms as the ground got closer and closer. My wings snap open, catching the rushing wind and shooting me up. I may not be able to fly, but I certainly can glide!

"THUMP!" sounds my body as I land hard on all fours. I look up to see Sheila, Selina, and Pierce smirking at my demise as my family and mate screech in hate and sorrow. Good thing they can't see the floor. I turn off all connection I have with them which cause a louder wailing session to begin. It would be better if they know I didn't survive.... For now.

I look around the pitch black place. I couldn't see anything! My scales being currently black didn't helping either. I look up into the sky. The glowing moon was above me, giving me peace over the sounds of my crying family as they are dragged away. I take a deep breath of the chilly air and peace engulfs me. I close my eyes and just stay still for a moment.

I open my eyes and a shocked gasp reaches me. Even though my scales were black, I was glowing with a white light!

I spin around, my large paws making no noise. Even though I was dark, I was shining. The dark world illuminated around me. A plan clicked in my head. I needed to get home!

In a mere three seconds, I was already half way across the Morris Territory, rushing home. My dragon body propelled me forward as my vampire started to leak through.

Five minutes and I was crashing through my castle's front doors. Servants yelped as I rushed by, going towards the wing where my other family was. I burst through to find Amanda, Lance, Mindy, Alex, and Simon relaxing. They were quickly jolted to their feet.

I pant, "I'm back and war has started."