Chapter 29: Back Together

ALMOST THERE! Please comment and let me know your thoughts! Vote and enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Catelyn. Wake up. Catelyn. Listen to me and wake up now!" A masculine voice commands.

I gasp for air, my body lunging up. I groan as a pounding hits my head. A hand goes around my back to stabilize me.

The hand guides to me to lean back against the head board on the bed. I open my eyes groggily, "Damian?"

There was my handsome-faced mate. A small relieved smile reaches his features, "Hey there Princess."

I hiss as another headache hits me and Damian's grasp on me tightens, "Easy... Easy... Take it easy. You've been asleep in the hospital for over three days, you need to take it easy."

My kingdom's best doctor comes shuffling in with my mother behind him.

"Mom!" I shout, almost jumping out of bed. Of course, Damian didn't let me even budge an inch. Protective bastard of a phoenix...

My mother laughs at the glare I send Damian and the look of knowing he sends back.

"Hey my kitten. How are you feeling?" Queen Kate, my mother, walks over to my bed and takes a seat next to me. Instantly, I lung for a hug. "Oh mom! You were right! You were right! The phoenix does exist... I missed you so much!"

My mother smiles, clutching just as tightly onto me, "I know darling. I know and I missed you very much too."

And there we stayed. Damian was quietly on the side as my mother and I just hugged.

"Daddy! Daddy!" A voice of a tiny blonde bundle says as she bursts into the room. She instantly goes to Damian, grasping onto his pant leg. Now this I am curious about.

My mother and I break our hug but she keeps her arm on my shoulders. Damian grins, ruffling Violet's hair, "Hey there my little rascal."

She giggles, blushing ever so slightly. "Can I see mommy please?"

Damian easily lifts Violet into his muscular arms, holding her the correct way. "Why of course Violet! But remember..." He goes into this playful serious mode. "Mommy just woke up from being sick, you must be careful. Okay?"

Well look at that. Damian is good with kids.

Violet nods her head furiously as Damian turns her around so she can see me. Violet gasps and claps her hands, "You're awake! You're awake!"

I laugh, "Yes I am my little Violet." She reaches her hand out to me, squirming in Damian's arms. He wasn't about to let her go flying into me.

I take her little hand and give it a little kiss, "How are you doing Violet?"

"Good!" She yips, "Daddy has been playing with me while watching you!"

I look to Damian, catching him red-handed as he was blushing. Aw, he thinks he's unmanly because he's good with children. Well, that's totally not the case. I gently put my hand onto Damian's and smile, "Thank you my little fire-breather."

That puts his ego back up. "Eh. It was no problem." He says cockily. I roll my eyes but a smile was still present on my features

My mother gives a little squeeze to my shoulder, "I'm pretty sure you want to go see Simon, correct?"

No one could stop me from flying out of the bed. My energy quickly returned. I slip out of the bed, landing on my two feet. "He's alive?!"

Mother laughs as she see Damian glaring daggers at me for leaving bed, "You have just my kind of spunk and defiance."

I give her a small embarrassed smile before sticking out my tongue to Damian. He whispers so that only I could hear, "I'll bite that tongue if you keep doing that."

I gasp before smirking, "I dare you too!"

Now it was his turn to gasp.

My mother takes Violet from Damian's arms as he stands up. He offers me an arm and I accept. Slowly, with his hands steadying me the whole way, we go from my room to the room right next door. Queen Kate slowly opens the door, "We've got a few people coming in. Is it okay Simon?"

I hear a quiet mumble in reply.

My mother fully enters the room and Damian and I tail her.

There was everyone! My whole family, my pack, and even my younger brother and cousin!

"Catelyn!" Everyone shouts and I am eaten by the bodies of family members as they all try to hug me. Finally Damian shoos them off, "Let her see Simon for Pete's Sake!"

They all step aside like soldiers.

There was my cousin, my brother, my Simon. "Oh Simon!" I cry out and rush over to the bed. I jump into the bed causing a loud groan to come from him.

He tightly hugs me, "Hey there Catie Cat." I hug him back, tears already spilling out, "I thought you were dead!"

Simon grins, "I was though."

I nudge him causing another groan to go through him. My family laughs.

We all stayed together for the whole day. The doctor came in in the evening saying I was free to carefully move around the castle, and only the castle, for about two weeks. Damian was very keen on making sure that he would be coming everywhere with me.

I quickly changed his mind by mentioning that in the bathroom, girls had to take care of something called a period.

It was late and everyone left. Mindy took her side by Simon as I quietly left the room. Damian had to go put Violet to sleep. We were all in the Mythical Territory's castle since Damian kinda burned his castle. Violet now lived right between my room, and Damian's, on one of the highest floors in the castle.

I quietly hum, walking around the huge castle and look at the huge paintings as the moonlight seeped through the windows. I see a shadow move and trip over a large vase.

"Oh! Are you alright?" I call out, speed-walking towards the figure.

"I-I-I'm f-fine! I'm good! Y-you don't need to worry!" The person brushes me off. But I'm persistent, "Please let me look to make sure you did cut yourself!"

I drag the person to the moonlight to reveal the one and only Selina. She instantly blushes as my eyes lay onto her face but I disregard that. I go through my examination as if she was just another person living the castle.

She stammers, "W-what? Y-you aren't going to yell at me? Or punch me? I totally deserve it!"

I shake my head and hold her eyes, "You were not you when you did your mistake. You brought back Simon, you helped finish the war. I am not going to judge you for who you were. You are part of this kingdom like any other member."

Her smile lights up the room causing me to smile back. "Do you want to join my pack?" I ask.

She shyly looks down, "I-I d-don't know what you mean. I-I've never thought of joining a pack."

I grin, "Well s pack is being part of a huge group were each of us care for one another. Think about it. Winter break just started at Mythical Academy so we've got some time for you to decide." I walk away leaving Selina happily baffled.