Chapter 27: Phoenix

Hmm... I'll let you read first. BUT PLEASE... Vote, enjoy, and especially COMMENT! Thanks for being awesome and enjoy <3 (mischievous laugh here)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The forest bursts out as Mindy and Violet start the attack. Yells of human guards sound as randomly huge trees spring up from everywhere. Screeches of fear are heard as animal-transformers are freed from their guards.

I hear war cries as the guards fight with the pack. Meanwhile, Amanda and I manage to easily slip through without attention. The new trees brought perfect cover and the distraction of freed animal-transformer pets also worked to our advantage.

I connect with Amanda. "Find our family... I'll find Selina..."

She nods her head in silent agreement. We continue to creep to the castle front gates. Amanda slips into the front doors and I follow. She nods her head one more time and instantly turns left.

I then realized that this was Amanda's castle just as much as Damian's. She knew what she was doing.

I take a right, following my gut. I went up and down flights of stairs, took more left and right turns than I could count, dodged so many guards I stopped counting, and looked in so many rooms that I wish I hadn't. Finally, I come to stop at a large black door.

I gulp in fear. It was as if I already knew what was back there!

My hand grasps the cold silver door handle and the door creaks open. I step inside, my mythical eyes flaring up.

The darkness disappeared as my eyes turned golden. A strangled gasp catches my throat.

In the middle of the room was a figure with chained arms and legs. The chains were connected to different sides of the room, pulling this person... almost apart. The person was wet with sweat and blood. Gashes from a whip were across his back and his head was hanging down.

The man was breathing deeply. His posture showed defeat, but anger.

"Damian?" I whisper.

The person stops breathing for a second before screaming, "GET OUT! YOU ARE DEAD! STOP TORMENTING ME!"

I realize that he heard phantoms of me, "Damian.... This is really me. I'm not dead."

"LIES! I SAW YOU DIED! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" he shouts, thrashing in the chains.

I quickly glide over, gently touching his shoulder. He jerks back, chains shaking as he does so. "Stay away Selina! You got what you wanted!" He growls hatefully.

I gently take a knee, looking at his face. I gasp at the sight. His pupils were all white, as if he was blind. The slashes on his face were oozing a green liquid and on his chest was the swirl of Demontica.

I gently touch Damian's face and he tries to jerk away. When he realizes he can't, his breath comes rageful.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper, "This will hurt...." My fangs retract and I push his head to give me more leverage to his neck. He tries to jerk free.

"What are you doing?! Let go of me Selina! You got what you wanted! LET GO!" He screams.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper, almost crying,

Then, my fangs sink into his flesh. He screams in pain as the poison that causes tremendous pain that comes with drinking blood enters his system. He thrashes against me as I finally get a taste of his sweet sweet blood.

I was gone. My instincts took over as his sweet tangy blood touches my tongue. I snarl as he tries to bat me off. It tasted soooooooo good... Oh god. Must. Drink. More.