Chapter 12: Demontica

"She is awaking." A kind, comforting voice says.

I blink a few times, forcing my eyes to open. At first, I am blinded by the brightness of the room, then my eyes adjust and I look around the room. Mindy was at my side, clutching my hand tightly and so was Amanda.

"Oh Catelyn!" cries out Amanda, hugging me. I give a weak mix of a chuckle and scoff and to the best of my ability hug her back.

Lance was at the foot of my bed and Alex and Simon were on another side of the bed. I look up and there floating above me was my 'grandmother' Esmerelda.

Esmerelda was an old witch that helped my mother realize her dragon powers. I considered her my grandmother for she always was there, much like a grandmother; whenever I was sick, needed babysitting, or protection from my parents when I broke something accidently.

"Grandmother Ezzie... What are you doing here?" I laugh and reach out towards her. Her grey eyes twinkle in amusement as she sweeps aside her poofy and frizzy now grey hair and takes my hand. "Now dear, someone had to get you out of the 'claimed and mated together, pain of another lover' or 'CMTPAL'."

"The what?" I laugh lightly. Lance chuckles at my carefreeness before going stern, "It is what you went through when Damian was sleeping around with Selina. It was because of his claim on you."

"What about the mate part of that 'name'?" I ask.

Everyone quickly looks away but Esmerelda holds my eyes, "Dear, you do not need to worry about that for you do not have a mate yet."

Everyone's eyes quickly flicker elsewhere at the mention of me not having a mate yet. Something was off. They weren't telling me something, but I shrug it off at the happiness of seeing my grandmother.

"Granny, how long are you going to stay here until?" I ask.

Esmerelda taps her chin and smiles, "I'm thinking until your parents return."

The people around me in the room all cheer shouting "YES!" and "YAY!".

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Esmerelda laughs, noticing my confusion, "They have taken a liking to me. Sorry dearie, you are going to have to share me with your friends."

I laugh, "I don't mind. You are defiantly worth being shared!"

Everyone laughs lightly. Then I ask, "How long was I asleep?"

"About three days. One of those days, Damian took over and shooed everyone out of this room and blocks us out. I'm sorry we weren't with you the whole time."

The mention of Damian causes a spark of anger to ignite in me. He caused me this much pain because of his 'popular boy' ways and the need to be a god-damn playboy and sleep with Selina. I'm sure he slept with others when he was in his own territory, but now I was affected every time he slept with someone.

However, curiosity did enter me. Why did he lock himself and only himself in the same room as me? I know nothing happened to me for I felt every little touch while I was asleep and the only thing that I felt was two different hands. One hand was soft and squeezing me. The other was large, a bit more rough, and drawing circles with his or her thumb on my hand.

I smile, "It's alright guys, I really don't mind."

Everyone beams down at me. Then I remember something.

"Oh Esmerelda! Simon, Alex, and I found a scroll that belonged to a demon. Can you maybe help tell us what it—"

Simon interrupts me, "I already showed her... She opened it. You were right, it was booby-trapped. It had a mini possessy demon in it. However, before it could possess anyone Esmerelda was able to destroy it."

Grandmother Esmerelda nods her head, "That's right. We also learned that it is written in demontica. I cannot read demontica for it is the language of the demons. Though we did figure that there is a new ruler of the demons hiding in the darkness kingdom."

"May I see the parchment?" I ask, sitting up in the comfy bed.

Esmerelda nods her head flicking her hand and the scroll appears in her hand magically. Amanda looks at Esmerelda in awe and Esmerelda laughs, "Princess Amanda, would you like to learn how to do this too?"

Amanda nods her head furiously, "Oh yes please Esmerelda!! I would love to learn!"

I raise an eyebrow at Esmerelda, "My my grandmother, you are getting busy! You are already teaching the Princess of the Morris territory how to use magic and you only have been here three days!"

Esmerelda laughs, "I may be old darling, but I will never take a good deal and appreciative student when I can get one." She hands me the scroll.

I slowly unravel the yellowed paper. The writing was bold and dark as if each letter was scratched into the parchment. The markings all looked like horror movie type writing but slowly the markings started to move. I blink a few times, not believing my eyes as the markings keep moving.

I squeeze my eyes shut, hoping it was just my eyes playing tricks on me.

I hear Esmerelda's worried voice, "Catelyn? Are you alright?"

I open my eyes and look down at the parchment. The black markings were gone and instead normal letters were in front of me.

I blink a few times, not believing my eyes.

Mindy's hold on my hand tightens, "Catelyn? Are you alright?"

"I-I-I... I-I c-c-can re-read th-this..." I stammer, my eyes skimming the paper.

"WHAT?!" All the voices in the room shrill.

"I can read this..." I say quietly.

Esmerelda's eyes widen and she mutters something under her breath. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. She then looks at me, "What does it say?"

My eyes skim over the parchment and my hand gets tighter and tighter with every word read. I finish and slam the paper onto my lap, not wanting to read it anymore.

"What? What is it?" Alex asks fearfully, his hand protectively going to Amanda's shoulder.

"We are going to war with the demons..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SURPRISE UNDATE!!! WOOP WOOP! Anyway, the next one will be on tuesday like always, and I how you like this one! enjoy <3

Comment!

Vote!