Chapter 8: Tumbling to the Finish

I flutter open my eyelids as the first fresh rays of sunlight seep into the cave. One of the Pegasus neighs quietly on the other side of the cave and I sigh, feeling refreshed. That was one of the best nights I have had in a while. I stretch one of my hands out, touching the cold stone floor. I pull back instantly, back into a hard heat source. Wait a second....

A hard heat source??

I then realize that a hand was still wrapped around my rib cage. I feel the steady breath of the person who was pressed up against me. My back was to their chest. My head was resting on this person's arm. That's got to be painful. Omg... I was sleeping with someone the whole night...

I turn my head around to get a glimpse of who I was sleeping with. Why don't I remember this??

I gasp in slight shock as I finally remember. There was the calm face, sleeping, relaxed face of my master...

His bed hair gave him this sexy look as his face finally had a peaceful look to it. I had a sudden urge to touch his hair. My hand reaches up and I run my fingers through his luscious black hair.

Damian moans in his sleep, his arm tightening around my chest. He subconsciously leans to my touch and I smile slightly. I enjoy his touch and he enjoys mine. It kinda made me feel... protective.

I sigh removing my hand from his soft hair before turning back to look at the opening of the cave. Then I begin to gently remove his arm from my waist. When I finally do so, I quietly hop onto my feet, and exit the cave.

The sight before me was gorgeous. The sea of trees was glowing a beautiful amber color as the sunrise began making its journey up into the sky. A chilly morning breeze blows through my hair and I tilt my head back, enjoying the cool nipping wind.

"Morning..." A deep husky voice says behind me. I turn around to find Damian already up and slipping on a shirt.

I frown, "Why is your voice so deep?"

He chuckles lightly, "It's called a morning voice love."

My frown deepens, "Love?"

Damian rolls his eyes, "It's a pet name."

In reflex, I bare my fangs and growl. Damian takes a step back before sighing loudly. "A pet name is like a nickname. Calm down tigress."

"Tigress?!"

Damian groans, "That's just another pet name or nickname!"

I sheath my fangs.

I turn back to the gorgeous view. A few seconds later I feel warmth coming from the body next to me.

Damian, with his eyes raking the view, asks, "When I woke up, you weren't next to me... Did you move back to your bed when I fell asleep?"

I blush just slightly. I can't let him know I was asleep with him all night long. He said to keep this relationship Master and Pet only. If I am to make sure he doesn't mark me again, I need him to trust me that I will keep it Master and Pet only. I clear my throat and respond smoothly back, "Ya, I went back to my sleeping bag like you asked me too."

Damian just nods silently.

I bite my lip, "Shall we go?"

Damian nods, "Ya, that's a good idea."

I whistle and Blade jumps onto her feet, trotting over to me. I heave myself onto her back and she snorts impatiently. I pat her neck, "Easy girl. We got to wait for the two guys."

"Really? You need to wait for us?" Damian smirks, already by my side on Blizzard. Blizzard snorts proudly. Blade nips Blizzard's ear and he neighs, taking a step away from Blade and I.