Chapter 9: High School Drama

I am so so sorry guys!! I accidentally posted Chapter 10 before Chapter 9!! Well this is chapter 9! I hope you forgive me, the story did get weird if you jumped chapters. This is chapter 9! Please read THIS ONE and THEN chapter 10. The story will make a lot more sense. Thanks and once again, I AM SORRY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WHAM!" echoes the punching bag as my fist slams into it the hundredth and twentieth time.

"You know, if you keep murdering the punching back, it may surprise you one day and punch back," laughs a carefree voice.

I smile, turning around. There was Alex and Simon, already in their gear. I sigh, smiling stupidly and removing the punching bag from the hook and putting it away, "It would be a very hurtful surprise that's for sure."

The two twins shrug in agreement. "Why aren't you ready yet?" asks Simon.

I slip off my work-out gloves and take a big gulp of water. "Because I am not ready. End of story."

Alex and Simon share a confused look. I roll my eyes, "Meaning I am not ready to go to school! I don't want to see all my so called 'friends' again. They already did enough damage to me the first year of school."

Alex and Simon wince, understanding what I was saying.

I slip on a shirt on top of my sports bra and slip out of my shorts. I've changed in front of the twins before. We used to swim together in the same bath tub until age 10!! So I really don't care. I slip on a pair of jeans and grab the backpack in the corner of the gym.

Alex takes a step forward, "But Catie Cat... You now are stronger, your dragon has appeared, and you can control your vampire side now. You are no longer a little kid they can bully around..."

I sigh, slinging the backpack over my shoulder and head out into the front lawn of the castle. "Still, I would rather not be involved in all the 'popular kids vs nerds' drama. Plus the last few years have made me mature, I'm not sure high school is that high in maturity level. I'll probably just ask Damian to allow me to stay back at home."

Alex and Simon share another look, "Well... We aren't supposed to tell you this... but... you see..."

"Spit it out."

"Mythical Academy has been on the verge of attack. Three attacks already happened and luckily, Ms. Fangtooth, the fighting teacher, was able to stop them. However, she is weak now, they need someone else who knows how to defeat demons and control rogues."

"So they need me for the demons and you two for the rogues?"

Alex and Simon nod as I throw my head back and groan loudly. "Fine, I'll go to school. But I swear, if I see any of my old 'friends' hurting someone... I'm going to blow the roof off."

**

I moan loudly, "Why are we doing this in the middle of the day?" I ask Damian. Damian sighs, and keeps walking forward. His ice cold façade was up again and he was as stern and cold as ever.

"Look, we can't be seen as all of us coming from the two most powerful territories by other students. So we came during the middle of the day."

I groan, "And now you are all ice cold again... Why do I have to be stuck with YOU for all my classes but two?"

"Because you are my pet. And make that but one... I now have fighting with you."

"What?!? UGHHHH..." I groan again, crossing my arms.