Chapter 28: Connected

Next update! Yay! Two more chapters :3

Please vote, enjoy, AND COMMENT! I love your guys' comments! Enjoy <3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rush over to the castle in my vampire form. I burst through the trees to find my family was freed from the prison. They rush through the front doors of the Morris castle, going onto the battle field where the phoenix, Damian, was attacking King Piercy and Sheila.

It was two powerful magic wielders against the all-powerful Phoenix, and my Damian was losing.

I connect with him mentally, screaming in his head, "Connect us! Make our powers be one!"

The phoenix screeches in understanding and once again attacks the floating couple. A big black and purple ball of shadows and magic protected Pierce and Sheila from Damian's attacks. Damian needed to be stronger to fight back. I feel his soul come in contact with mine.

Then, I feel peace. I feel the power of the phoenix flowing over me like water and sucking me into it. Then, I start feeling other mythicals. I feel my mother, my father, my pack, my friends, even Violet.

Damian's mythical form starts to glow blue. He was becoming a blue flame, the hottest of all.

An explosion of white light blinds us all and I feel my head snap upwards. My soul leaves my body and joins the Phoenix. All the powers were in the phoenix, in Damian's hands, and we were all part of it.

We speak together to Pierce and Sheila, our mouths moving like robots, "You are two. We are one. We will win."

Then everyone who was connected, Uncle Jack, Aunt Anna, my mother Kate, my father Ethan, Amanda, Uncle Leo, Aunt Linda, Uncle Will, Lance, Alex, Mindy, Violet, and all the animal-transformers we freed, raise their heads and hands up to the sky. Magic bursts simultaneously from all of our palms. I scream as all my rage and hate for the death of Simon pulses through me to the phoenix.

Damian roars and dives towards Sheila and Pierce, all of our powers being used to attack them. We. Were. One.

An explosion hits and all of us are thrown to the ground from the force.

I groan as my soul returns to my body. I pant heavily, looking around numbly as I stumble to my feet. Ashes fell from the sky as Damian in his human form stood in front of two bodies. The forest and castle were destroyed, leaving only the dark charred land. My family, pack, and friends all stumble to their feet, grasping their heads. Violet hides her head into my shirt.

Damian turns to us, his expression hard, "We did it."

First it was silent from the shock. Then disbelief and confusion; and finally, joy. Laughter and whoops of 'hurray!' fill the air. I join in the surprised shock and joy and hug Violet tightly. She laughs, hugging me back.

The Sun mythical really did warm our hurts and melt our pain.

Simon pops back up and that pain flickers back on. I stagger on my feet as people go around hugging each other as the ashes fell on their skin.

Damian notices me and rushes over. He steadies me with his warm hand, "Are you alright?"

I stumble out of his hands. Fear takes me. "SIMON!" I call out. The explosion could have taken him! Amanda rushes over confused, "What?"

I quickly give her Violet and jump into vampire super-speed. I fly over to where Simon's body was left. I was halted by a horrifying sight.

Selina had her hands over Simon's now bare chest. Her eyes were shut as she whispered words of Demontica.

"NO! No! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I scream in rage, tackling her away from Simon's body. My hands close around her throat as tears explode out. "You did this! YOU DID THIS!" I scream.

Damian easily ripped me off of Selina. She gasps for breath, clutching her throat.

Selina looks to Damian, "She doesn't know yet..."

Damian holds me tight between his arms, "ENOUGH CATELYN! Selina is saving him!"

That stops me, "What?"

Selina quickly resumes her mumbling of Demontica.

Damian catches my eyes, his eyes still golden like his phoenix form.

"Selina connected with me to take out her parents. I saw her memories. She may be the Demon Mythical, but she isn't supposed to act as evil as she did. That possessy demon did that had her, which you released from her, has been controlling her ever since Pierce and Sheila realized she was the Demon Mythical. Selina is an orphan, Catelyn. She was taken, abused, and had a possessy forced into her so that she would be even stronger as the Demon Mythical. You need to let her use her dark magic to bring back Simon. She is supposed to help us with her dark magic, not harm us. Let her redeem her mistake."

I stagger against Damian. She might save Simon. She might save my family. Selina inhales sharply as dark magic explodes from her fingertips and surrounds Simon.

I look on with hope and sadness. The magic disappears and Selina gasps for air. She gently puts her hand on Simon's chest. "Wake up." She commands.

Simon's eyes snap out. He bursts into a coughing fit as air enters his lungs. He gasps for breathe and quickly sits up.

"Simon!" I call in shock. Then, my eyes roll to the back of my hand and I collapse. All I feel is two warm strong hands catching me before I hit the hard cold ground.