Scarred - Chapter 21: A year passed by

CHAPTER 21: A YEAR PASSED BY

Misaki's POV
I was now 11 years old. A year has passed by (well not including the time that I was still outside the village) and I was starting to like living here in Konoha. The only things that still piss me off are the pedo pervert and the flirty pervert but I am already getting used to living with them. It's hard to admit but I've also been closer to Thirteen since we were always together. The Hokage kept his promise and made me come on missions with Kakashi sometimes even if it was just patrolling around the other villages which Thirteen was also present but still there is no progress in finding gramps I'm starting to believe the he already kicked the bucket and I won't find out more about my 'mother'.

Anyways, right now I'm standing right in front of the mirror in my room twirling some of my bangs with scissors on my other hand.

Should I cut it? Maybe I should try to do what the Hokage said. At least exposing the upper half of my face won't be that much of a change right? My vision would be much better without my hair getting in the way. And if anyone tries to recognize my face surely Kakashi and Thirteen will protect me since the Hokage said so.

"You should cut it."

I was startled which resulted into me dropping the scissors that I was holding. I then turned around and glared at the person responsible.

"Damn it Kakashi. At least knock before you decide to talk to someone."

"Why should I? This is my house."

"*glares* Stupid pervert."

"*sigh* Like I said you should cut it. You have pretty eyes anyway so why hide it?"

"I should say that back to you. Nothing is wrong with your face so why hide it?"

"Fangirls."

"Point taken."

"Do you want me to do it for you?"

"Hmm... You don't suck in cutting another person's hair right?"

"I don't think so."

He then stood beside me and picked up the scissors. Oh and if you're wondering where Thirteen is he is currently on a solo mission that was assigned by the Hokage, apparently they don't have anyone else to give the mission to.

"Soo. What kind of haircut do you want?"

"Wait. I'm still doubting your skills. What if I look like I was raped by a pervert afterwards?"

"What is with you and perverts? *sigh* I won't do anything bad to your hair so hurry and tell me what you want."

"Tzk. Fine fine. You better do it nicely Kakashi or I'll give you a haircut myself. Just cut my bangs shorter and then... After a few more instructions we were finally finished. I then arranged my hair the way I like it and was satisfied at the result. (A/n: Misaki's hair is now like the guy in the picture.)

"I have to praise you hair cutting skills Kakashi."

"Of course. Now where is your 'thank you'?"

"Thanks..."

"And the payment?"

"What payment? You were the one who volunteered to do it!"

"There is no such thing as free nowadays."

"Oho. How about you pay me for doing all the chores in your house?"

"That doesn't count brat! You're staying here so you have to do chores!"