Scarred - Chapter 37: Stay

CHAPTER 37: STAY

Misaki's POV
The next day we were all gathered at the completed bridge, ready to go back to Konoha. Tazuna, Tsunami, Inari and the others were also there to see us leave.

"Thanks to you we've completed the bridge, but this is super sad."

"Thank you for everything."

"Don't worry! We'll come to visit!"

"You better..."

"................."

Both Naruto and Inari were stopping themselves from crying.

"Inari... You're sad right?! It's alright to cry!"

"I'm not going to cry! But Naruto you can cry too!"

"Fine... Later."

Naruto then turned his back and started walking away from Inari but both of them were both silently crying.

"Ahhh...."

I already said my goodbyes to them so I just nod my head and started walking away while supporting Haku since he still hasn't recovered much of his strength. While all of us were now walking back to Konoha I heard Tazuna telling something to the others.

"That boy changed Inari's heart and Inari changed the people's hearts. That boy gave us a bridge to 'hope' called 'courage'..... Oh yeah... We need to name this bridge and I have the perfect name for it."

"Oh what is it?"

"How about 'The Great Naruto Bridge'?"

"Hehe.. That's a good name."

I smiled at the name they came up with.

Your dream is starting to come true Naruto. Little by little people are starting to recognize you.

While I was supporting Haku on walking I remembered the conversation I had with Kakashi and Thirteen about him.

*----- Flashback -----*
I just finished replacing Haku's bandages and stood up to search for Kakashi. And of course Thirteen was following me.

"Where are you going?"

"Looking for Kakashi. I have something to ask him."

I then found him on the lying on the roof.

"Kakashi."

"What is it?"

"Can Haku come to Konoha without being imprisoned?"

".................. I'm not sure. You have to ask the Hokage about that. But if the Hokage does permit him to live in Konoha freely, he's bound to be under surveillance for months or even years to make sure that he is not a threat."

Thirteen also joined the conversation.

"He might also not be permitted to go out of the village for a while."

"Is that so..... So to put it simply he's going to undergo the same thing that happened to me?"

"Kind of. But he is going to be more restrained since he was working with Zabuza."

"And he might have more than one Anbu following him everywhere."

"Okay. I guess that's understandable. I just have to ask the Hokage nicely for it to happen."
*----- End of Flashback -----*

We were halfway to Konoha when Naruto started talking.

"Yay! Let's go home fast so I can have Iruka-sensei buy me some ramen!! Oh yeah! And I have to tell Konohamaru about my legendary feats!!"