Scarred - Chapter 47: Retire

CHAPTER 47: RETIRE

Misaki's POV

All of us who passed are currently lined up in front of our teachers, other chuunins, the examiners and the Hokage. We were situated between Lee's team and Shino's. Anko then started talking.

"First off, for the second test. Congratulations on passing!"

I then started looking around to see who passed and I noticed that they were doing the same thing. While looking at the other teams I saw Gaara glaring at me. I raised my eyebrow since I had no idea why Gaara is glaring at me.

What the hell is his problem? Maybe when I gave him those apples, I should have shoved one of them in his ass to lighten up the guy. What the hell was that saying again? One apple a day takes the sadness away or was it doctor? Meh. Who cares. He really should stop glaring since even his eyebrows was singed off by the intensity of his glare.

I saw Shikamaru who was lazily looking around and when he met my eyes I gave him a lazy thumbs up. Which in return he gave me a smirk.

Fun fact #1: She was quite impressed that most of the Konoha teams passed especially her classmates at the academy.

I stopped looking at the other teams when Naruto started talking to me.

"Wow! Wow! Old man Hokage, Iruka-sensei, Kakashi-sensei, and even super brows is here. It's like everyone is assembled."

Super brows? Pft. Nice one Naruto. I still think they are huge green worms though.

Behind me I could hear Sasuke saying something.

"Heh. I can't say that I'm getting a good feeling."

Anko then spoke up.

"Hokage-sama will now explain the third test. Listen carefully! Now Hokage-sama, please."

"Yes. For the coming third test... But before I explain that, there is something I'd like you to know."

When he said that everyone had curious expressions on their faces while listening to the Hokage.

"It concerns the true reason for this exam. Why do we have all the allied countries taking the exam together? 'To promote friendship among the countries,' 'To raise the level of shinobi.' I don't want you to be confused about the true meaning. This exam is a replacement for war among the allied countries."

"What does that mean?"

"If you go back in time, the current allies were enemies who fought each other over who would rule. In order to prevent wasteful fighting, the stage that these countries chose for battle that is the origins of this chuunin selection exam."

As usual Naruto had a very negative reaction.

"WHY THE HELL DO WE HAVE TO DO THAT CRAP? ISN'T THIS THING FOR DECIDING WHO'S A CHUUNIN?!"

"It is a fact that this exam decides which shinobis have what it takes to become a chuunin. But on the other hand, this exam has another side. Where each country's shinobis risk their own life to protect their land's prestige."

"Prestige?"

"Watching this third exam will be leaders and influential individuals from many countries who make up the clients of the shinobi. And the leaders of the countries will also be there to watch each of your battles. If the strength of a country is clear, that country will receive more clients. And conversely, if seen as weak, they will lose clients. And this will signal to potential enemy countries that 'Our village has this much power.' So it will send a political message to the outsiders."