Chapter Four

Get ready for more drama. This book is incredibly fast paced! I'm sorry it's hard to fix a lot of mistakes without changing it too much!

Once Xavier dropped me home I decided quickly to have a shower, staying in much longer than I usually do to try and rid my head of the memories from last night. What would've happened if Xavier wasn't there? Would I even be alive now?

Sighing heavily with the hundreds of thoughts playing continuously through my mind I force myself out of the showers warmth now that most of my skin is wrinkled and pruning. My comfiest pair of sweatpants and one of Oliver's old high school hoodies is all I can be bothered pulling on right now, luckily he isn't much taller than I am so I only have to roll the sleeves a couple of times. Although I find him a complete pain in the back some of the time, wearing his hoodie makes me realise how much I really do miss my older brother and he's barely been gone a month.

Since he's only a year older than I am we've always been close, we always did everything and anything together, although we spent a large amount of our time wrestling like MMA fighters I also enjoyed his company. It's so weird not having him around now, it makes this enormously sized house feel even emptier than it did before.

Just woke up with the most killer headache, did you get home alright last night? X

My eyes read over Masons text as I make my way downstairs to the kitchen, shoving a plateful of leftover pasta in the microwave. Should I be honest? Tell him I nearly got myself killed and then spent the night with some kind of killing Mafia member after watching him end someone's life? Probably not.

I got home fine x

I wait for his reply. No doubt Mason spent his night drinking before finding himself one of the cheerleaders who would've been more than happy to sleep with him. Arnica probably did the same with one of the jocks she's been leading on for the last few weeks.

There's no doubt that I'm very different to the two of them, yet somehow our strange friendship seems to work. It has done for the last 12 years but that doesn't make me anymore comfortable with their regular weekend routines.

More like half dead..... I'll try find Arny now xx

I don't bother replying to his message and instead pull my food from the microwave, trudging upstairs to the ridiculous pile of homework I still need to complete. The desk in front of me is covered with open textbook pages I need to fill out, each looks as horrible as the one beside it and I have no idea where I should start.

My mind continuously goes to Xavier instead of the algebra in front of me, no matter how hard I try I can't keep myself focused for more than a few minutes and it's starting to drive me insane. I've never been like this before, why have I started now over a man who I know I need to never see again? Why can't I get his stupidly perfect caramel skin and tattoos out of my head? I feel like a child crushing on a boy in the playground at school and I need to stop, I need to not think about him anymore.

"Grace!" I'm awoken from my daydream by my Mothers loud voice coming from downstairs. Their flight must've been moved forward because they're home a day early. My eyes widen as I stare at the time on my phone, I've been sitting here for a whole hour and I've barely done half of my homework. "Grace!"

"Coming!" I call, hoping that will stop her from hollering at me any longer. When I reach the bottom of the staircase she turns and smiles, holding an uncountable amount of shopping bags.