Chapter Twenty-One

"You don't have to this Grace" Xavier warns softly. "I can take you home right now, he doesn't deserve your time."

My eyes look past Xavier's burning gaze and through the glass wall which reveals the dark room Dads sitting in. He's tied to a chair and he's sitting heavily in it, head dropped down like a wounded puppy.

It was a half hour drive to get to this isolated building surrounded by Xavier's security who are all carrying massive guns and patrolling 24/7.

It's too late to back out now, but I really should've thought this through. What am I going to say to him?

In the room with us is Cameron, Tom and another two other men I don't recognize, only adding to my already nervous state.

"I want to go in alone" Xavier's hand around my arm tightens as I say this. "Please, I need to do this by myself."

"I'll be right here" He looks at me seriously as he types some kind of code into the door so it opens. "Come straight out whenever you need to."

I nod, swallowing heavily as I step into the cold room, goosebumps cover my skin as I stare at him, his body's limp and I can make out the numerous bruises and cuts on his body.

"I wondered when you'd arrive" His voice is scratchy from thirst and I can hear the pain in his voice as he tries to sit up. "What the hell do you want?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask. "Where's Mum?"

"She took half my money and ran" He spits blood not far from my feet. "Not that I should be very surprised by that."

"You care abou her, she's your wife, she's my Mum - you love her."

"Why would I care about a crazy women whose been cheating on me for the last 15 years and a boy whose got less brains than a monkey?"

"She would never cheat on you" I scowl. "Don't talk about Mum like that, she's a good person."

"Xavier obviously hasn't told you then."

I tilt my head as I stare at him. "Told me what?"

"You're adopted. It wasn't my idea honestly, I couldn't think of anything worse than a girl that isn't even mine. It was all her you see, our first daughter was stillborn and she decided a poor baby girl from Hungary with no parents would be perfect. She started cheating on me a few years later, that's where the gang came in. I made lots of money and didn't have to spend time with either of you. It was perfect."

"I'm Hungarian?" I feel like I can't breathe. "I'm adopted? Why didn't you tell me? Where are my real parents?"

"I was going to tell you believe me, but then you met Xavier and bought him straight to me, it was perfect. I just had to wait for the right time. Your real parents didn't want you, all that matters is that they didn't want you. Nobody wants you."

I stand frozen, arms folded across my chest as I try to take in what I've just heard.

I'm adopted.

It feels like the walls of the building are closing in on me, getting smaller and smaller every second.

He smirks as he tilts his head "How does it feel knowing nobody wants you? I don't want you, your 'mother' only wanted you to get over her dead daughter and your real parents gave you up. Nobody cares about you, nobody loves you." He gasps when his seat is kicked backwards and he falls to the floor, I barely noticed Xavier walk in the room and I flinch when his foot rest heavily on his throat.