Chapter Thirty-Five

Xavier's POV

"This is your plan?" I ask her when we finally arrive home. "You're just going to ignore me?"

"I'm not ignoring you" She frowns ever so slightly. "I just - I don't know. I don't know what to talk about now."

She gets out before I have time to say anything else and I sigh as my hands tighten around the steering wheel. Maybe I was a bit of an ass but what does she expect when I see her with Mason? He's the ass, and he has some pathetic freshman crush on her that's beyond obsessive. She's my girlfriend. Not his. Plus he nearly got her killed, of course she had to forgive him as soon as he apologised. She couldn't be a better person if she tried.

She hasn't waited for me, the front doors already shut and as I walk towards it a hard glare immediately falls on my lips.

I recognise the Porsche as soon as I see it. Just bloody fantastic. I get to deal with another ass tonight.

"Why are you in my house?" Noah smirks when he sees my expression, lifting a glass of what looks like my most expensive whiskey towards me. "I thought the whole point of you buying your own house was so that I didn't have to see you in mine anymore."

"Is being a rude jackass something you specialise in. Or, do you do it specially for my pleasure?"

"Lately, I think I'm specialising in being a jackass."

"Lately?" He raises his eyebrows as I glare at him, his boots crossed over each other and resting on the table. "You've always been a jackass, but we can say it's just lately if it makes you feel any better."

"Where's Grace?" He follows me into the kitchen.

"With Arnica upstairs somewhere" he shrugs as he sits down, staring at everything. "Did you specifically ask for the biggest, most over the top house in California, or is gold and marble just your thing?"

"I'm really not in the mood for your usual stupid level of sarcasm Noah."

"Well, I'm really not in the mood for your usual stupid level of asshole, Xavier."

I sigh loudly, pulling my hands through my hair. "You look even shittier than you usually do" he comments. "Which must mean something else is going wrong in your fucked up life. What is it now?"

"Everything."

"Victor?" He questions, but he already knows the answer.

"And Grace" I lean heavily on the table. "I've barely seen her since Victor decided to get involved, now we're in some kind of petty fight and I can't stop being overprotective."

"You are way to overprotective, not to mention a complete and total dickhead" He leans back on his seat. "But if she's put up with you for this long, she must be some kind of Angel, which means she'll forgive you... eventually."

"Great" My words are laced with enough sarcasm to almost sound like him. "You sure do know how to make your little brother feel better."

"What can I say?" I wish I could wipe the smirk off his stupid, cocky lips. "I'm a natural born older brother. Now, tell me everything about Victor."

"Where do I start?" My fist tighten just thinking about him. "I don't know how much longer I can keep bowing down at his feet for."

"You've never been very good at taking commands, or following orders, or really listening in any kind of form actually. So to be honest, the fact that you don't like an old Scottish guy ordering you around doesn't really surprise me. But it's the code Xavier. You don't have a choice. Even men as powerful as yourself have to report to somebody."