Chapter Twenty

The next morning as soon as I wake up, I go to the kitchen. I'm starving (like always) and no one will be up this early so it doesn't matter that my hairs in a messy bun on the top of my head, loose strands all over my face like a zombie.

"Boss has been in a bad mood-"

Oh crap.

I cringe as I turn around, coming face to face with three men I've never seen before. They're all dressed in black with leather, none of them look particularly friendly.

Their dirty eyes roam down my body, the white t-shirt I rolled at the sleeves rest just above mid thigh, I only wear it when I'm going to bed and it's the only thing covering my petite frame.

I step back quickly to get as far away from them as physically possible.

"Who are you?" my voice comes out much higher than I want it to, giving away my obvious fear.

"I think the question is darling" one of them snarls, stepping forward. "Who are you and why are you here?"

I'm pretty sure I could be the one asking them that question.

"Uh-" I stutter, the men are massive. Their dark tattoos aren't helping me feel any more confident and neither are their scary smirks.

"Where the hell-" The husky voice pauses, it's Xavier. I look across to him, he looks like he's just stepped out of a Calvin Klein photo-shoot. I've never been so happy to see him in my life. Isn't he still supposed to be in hospital? His eyes roam over what I'm wearing and then the men who are now standing in front of me looking totally confused as they stare back at Xavier. 

He looks like he's about to explode.

"Grace" Xavier growls lowly, his dark gaze is much less friendly than it was last night. "Upstairs. Now."

I nod, too embarrassed and flustered to meet his gaze as I run upstairs. Why's he here? He's still supposed to be in hospital and who were all those other random guys?

"Do you usually walk around in front of other men like that?"

I blush 10 shades darker as I turn around, Xavier's leaning against the bedroom doorway - one foot crossed lazily on top of the other. His dark jeans glue to his long legs and the tight shirt makes the defined muscles underneath it obvious.

"I-" I stutter lamely. "I didn't mean to. Why are you here?"

"Noah picked me up early, something came up" he answers vaguely. "I wasn't expecting you half naked in the kitchen when I have other men in my house."

I chuckle nervously, staring at my feet as Xavier walks towards me like a predator about to catch its prey.

"You have no idea what those men do for fun Grace, all you are to them is an easy target. You need to be more careful.."

I shudder at the thought and nod silently before looking up at him.

"What came up?" I ask. "Is it about my Dad? Have you found him?"

Xavier pauses for a moment, like he's conflicted about his answer before he speaks.

"Yes."