Chapter Thirty

Let's all appreciate Ian Somerhalder! (Who I picture as Noah)

I roll over the next morning, frowning at the empty spot beside me where I expect Xavier to be lying.

Instead there's a note, handwritten with a single rose that makes me smile. Xavier got me a rose? That doesn't seem like something he'd do.

I lift it, pressing it's red softness against my lips - it's freshly picked and that warms my heart.

Good morning beautiful, I'm sorry I can't be beside you when you wake up. Somethings come up I need to deal with, I'm not sure when I'll be home. I love you, call me if you need me.
Xavier x

I hold the note between my fingers at the same time as Arnica opens our bedroom door.

"Is that from Xavier?" She asks, climbing in the blankets in only one of Noah's shirts and I nod. She smiles and takes it from me. "That's so sweet, Noah just woke me up and told me he had to go" She frowns slightly. "It was only about five, he seemed really stressed, they both did."

"I'm sure they'll be fine" I reassure her quietly with a soft smile. I snuggle into the blankets with her as she places her hands on her currently flat belly.

"Is Noah excited about the baby?"

She smiles, pulling her lip between her teeth. "He is" She smiles. "And he calls it peanut, since we don't know whether it's a he or a she yet."

"That's so cute, Noah will be an amazing Father."

"I think he will to. I wasn't sure at first, but he's already buying things and he's actually surprising me. He seems really excited. I'm worried about you, are you sure you'll be alright going to college without me? Have you spoken to Mason yet?"

"He came to the house last night but Xavier talked to him and he left. I'm not sure what happened."

"And then he made passionate love to you?" She wriggles her eyebrows and I blush 10 shades darker.

"No" I squeak, she giggles and rolls her eyes. 

"We have to keep this PG so Peanut isn't scarred by what Uncle Xavier and Aunty Grace do at night" She says and I scrunch my nose in disgust at her words. "But have you two actually done anything yet?"

I shake my head and she smirks. "Nothing at all?" I shake my head once more. "Poor Xavier must be so horny - hold that thought, I need to pee again."

She runs towards the bathroom, pulling my phone from the bedside table and scrolling down to Xavier's contact.

Thank you for the rose and the note, it's very sweet of you. Please be safe, I love you x

Hearing Arnica groan I drop my phone and run towards the bathroom. I kneel beside her as she empties the contents of her stomach into the toilet.

"Do we have any aspirin?" She asks and I shake my head, flushing the toilet for her and helping her up.

"The shops just around the corner, we need milk too. I'll go and buy some"

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, will you be okay here by yourself?" I ask and she nods.