Chapter Five

"This doesn't have to be difficult sweetheart" the mans rough hands greedily squeeze my thighs as I try to push him away from me, pressing my hands to his chest. He's much larger than I am however and all he does is smirk, enjoying my obvious horror as he squeezes my bum firmly. "This could be the best night of your whole life."

I shake my head, trying to swallow the immediate panic I feel. Everyone around us takes no notice of the mans filthy actions and when he tightens his grip on me I act before I can think about what I'm doing. My knee connects with his groin and he doubles over groaning, cursing under his breath as I dash towards the women's bathroom as fast as these stupid heels will let me.

"Don't think that will keep me out!" His voice booms behind me as I lock myself in one of the end stalls, placing a hand over my racing heart. Quickly I grip my phone between my trembling fingers, hearing his heavy footsteps in the distance.

My body acts on adrenaline but my mind hasn't quite caught up yet. I don't know why the number I decide to press in my contact list is Xavier's but that's the first person who comes into my head.

He answers almost immediately.

"Grace?"

"Xavier" my voice cracks. I'm unable to make myself sound brave as the footsteps of the mans boots echo from the entrance of the bathroom.

"What's wrong? Where are you?"

"There's a man -  " I whisper, stopping when I hear the sound of his footsteps entering the tiny place I thought I'd be safe in.

"Where are you?" his voice is calm, the total opposite of mine and I stare at the door of the stall, grateful for the stuck on poster that tells me exactly where I am.

"It's called Downtown" I keep my quivering voice quiet, unable to stop the trembling of both my words and fingers.

"Why the fuck are you in a nightclub?" He almost growls out, I feel like a child being scolded by their parent and I stumble over my words when I try to answer.

"I - I didn't know, my friend bought us here" I close my eyes tightly as the mans footsteps get louder, walking along the outside of the stalls. "I'm scared."

"I'm not far away" his words relieve me somehow, even though I barely know him. I'd rather be with him over the man outside the stalls any day and for some unknown reason I trust Xavier.

"I know you're in here sweetheart, it's not very polite to hide from me you know" the mans words are loud and slurred and I flinch when his large boot bangs heavily on the door.

"Just stay calm Grace, you're going to be fine" Xavier's voice distracts me momentarily, he sounds so calm and certain that I can't help but believe him. Until the man outside the door kicks again, this time sending my only protection flying off its hinges and I jump back in shock, dropping my phone in the process.

"It's not very nice to run from me" he angrily reaches for me, gripping my forearms and pulling me from the stall. "Don't cry darling" he suddenly lowers his voice, pushing me against the cold wall of the toilets.

I don't mean to cry, I only let a few stray tears slide down my cheek but I try to contain the rest. Terror is all I can feel, my whole body shakes as his hands move forcefully and tightly up my thighs.

"Please don't do this" I beg, trying my hardest to push him away from me. "Please" my voice cracks as he tries to press his lips to my neck. He smells completely of alcohol but he's so much stronger than I am that my defence has no effect on him.