Chapter Fourteen

I stay in the showers warmth for longer than I need to the next morning. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for what today will bring, but no matter how long I seem to stay in for, the hot water does nothing to make me feel any better. If anything I start to feel worse. 

I pull on one of the black dresses from my closet. It ends a few inches above my knees and I apply a small amount of makeup to my face so it looks natural but as nice as I can make it. To finish I curl  my hair into soft waves, burning myself multiple times as I do so.

Sam would've done a better job. I can almost hear him judging my chosen outfit, telling me he could've picked a better one and then laughing at me.

I smile at the thought, walking out of my bathroom and pulling my shoes on as I do so, nearly tripping over when I see Xavier standing in the middle of my room like he's just stepped out of a photoshoot. 

He's dressed head to toe in a black expensive suit that hugs his toned body,  hair styled back perfectly and he's freshly shaven. He looks so different than how he did yesterday, almost like a completely different person.

His eyes skim over me slowly and I can't help but feel insecure under his warm gaze, even in this situation. "You look beautiful" I manage the smallest smile I can but I know Xavier can see straight through it. "Are you ready to go?"

The mood drops even more than I thought it already could and I bite my lip. "I don't think I could ever be ready for something like this."

He nods understandingly and I follow him outside to his car. Luckily neither of my parents are home again so the house is empty and quiet as we walk through it.

He opens my door for me when we reach the sports car and thank him shyly, watching as his elegant form easily climbs into the drivers side of the car.

The dark sunglasses he puts on as he pulls out of the drive makes him look even more intimidating than before. The all black outfit somehow suiting his tan skin thats empty of any kind of flaws.

"A lot of people from the gang will be going so there will be quite a few people, we'll be sitting at the front and I don't want you to leave my side, no matter what happens." I nod as he speaks. I was so upset about Sam that I totally forgot about the people that are going to be here.

"Is any of Sam's family coming?"

Xavier shakes his head and I frown. "They stopped being his family a long time ago. We are his family now. 

"That's horrible."

"I know" he answers, his hands tightening around the steering wheel. "But we're his family" he glances at me for the first time since we left the house. "And we need to be there for Tom, he's totally destroyed."

Of course he is, my eyes glance at Xavier. I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to him, or how I'd feel, and we barely know each other. Sam and Tom had been together for three years. How do you deal with losing someone that important to you?

We drive for a good twenty minutes before Xavier turns off down a cemetery, I've never liked coming to them and I'm not really sure why. The only person close to me that I've ever lost is my Grandma on my Mums side and I was too young to really know her, I've had no experience with situations like these.