Chapter Six

We have to keep Chris Colfer as Sam because who can't love him right?? :)

I wake earlier than I usually do on a Sunday the next morning, sprawled out openly across the spare bed in a very unladylike fashion. Groaning I roll over, almost falling straight off the mattress. Luckily my feet hit the carpeted floor in time, allowing me to some what steady my very uncoordinated self.

I run my fingers through my untameable bed hair a few times and with no luck make my way to the kitchen, hearing an unusual amount of banging around going on.

"Who the fuck has five different sized whisks when they don't even know how to cook toast?"

I pause in the doorway, examining the slim male standing behind the counter. He holds a large bowl filled with some kind of mixture and a handful of whisks. Like Xavier he has many tattoos across the visible parts of his skin, but instead of being all black like Xavier's, his are coloured. Usually I don't like colourful tattoos on anyone, somehow the unknown boy in the kitchen seems to suit them though. They match his bold blue shirt and bright eyes that widen when he sees me.

"You must be Grace!" The large smile that makes its way to his lips make me smile as well. It's so large that it takes up most of his face and makes me immediately like him. He doesn't look much older than I am and he's probably only about my height and size. He's not intimidating at all like Xavier is and when he wraps his arms around me in a tight hug I'm very taken back. "I'm Sam, it's so nice to meet you!"

This is who Xavier was talking to last night? He's not at all what I'd imagined him to look like and when he pulls back his wide smile is still in it's place.

"It's nice to meet you as well" I answer politely, watching him make his way back to the counter where a mess of ingredients and dirty dishes sit. "Do you uh - " I pause when he drops half a handful of flower across the tiled floor clumsily. "Do you need some help?"

"No, no you sit!" He gestures to the bar stool in front of him and I do as he says, sitting across from him. He continues to whisk the thick, pale looking batter.

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing - kind of."

Giggling I nod, watching as he cracks an egg but drops most of the broken bits of shell in with it to the mixture.

"Do you live here as well?" it never occurred to me that Xavier might live with someone but it should have, why wouldn't he?

"Oh hell no. That would be like living with the fucking grinch 24/7" he screws his nose as he drops another egg into the bowl.

"How did you meet him?"

"I grew up in this like prestiges, religious family" he explains openly. Although he doesn't know me at all.  "I told them I was gay when I was 14 and became the black sheep of the entire town.  They pretty much kicked me out and Xavier found me on the street a few months later."

"I'm so sorry" I apologise sadly, that's awful.

"Don't be" he smiles again, shrugging lazily. "If it didn't happened I would've grown up and been forced to be a priest or something" he shivers, a horrified look making its way to his face. "And have you seen what they wear? Hell no, that would not have gone down well."

My laughter is cut short by footsteps making their way down the stairs. Xavier eyes me cautiously at first but he quickly notices Sam and a very unimpressed look settles on his face.