Chapter Twenty-Eight

The little video is of Barbara Palvin who I imagine as Grace and Cara Delevingne who I imagine as Arnica :)
Arnica is more of a free, wild spirit who cares a lot less about what people think. That's why I like Cara, she has a really edgy and carefree, confident vibe that I think suits Arnica really well.
Grace on the other hand is much more shy, timid and very sweet. That is why I like Barbara. She has a real innocence about her which I think is perfect for Grace. Again of course if you want to picture them as different people that is totally fine by me! :) Enjoy the chapter x

"It's been an hour" I can barely sit still. "What the heck could they be doing up there for this long?"

"Making twins?" Troy offers and I scrunch my nose, sending him a look of disgust.

Xavier's been on his phone nearly all day, either typing angrily or excusing himself to take phone calls. Hee won't tell me what's going on which shouldn't surprise me. He never does.

I'm about to say something when Arnica walks in, followed by Noah who has his fingers intertwined with hers. Troy and I share the same look, waiting for them to give us some kind of explanation.

"So..." Arnica smiles nervousl,, squeezing Noah's hand before continuing. "We've decided to keep the baby and raise it together."

Troy chokes slightly, but covers it with a smile when Noah glares at him. I don't think there's any kind of expression on my face.

"What about college? And your parents?"

"I'm going to buy us a good family house. Whether Arnica's parents like it or not we're keeping our baby" Noah answers for her. "I have plenty of money and we can make the rest of it work where we need to. One day at a time."

My mouth drops to the floor as I stare at Arnica. "You're not coming to college?"

"I can't Grace... I have responsibilities now. There's no way I could be in college and have a baby. It would be impossible."

"But you're only eighteen" I begin. "What about our college plans? We were meant to share a dorm togehter."

"Grace we made those plans when we were kids. Mason doesn't even talk to you and you know I was only going along with our stupid ideas to please you both."

I swallow, not recognising the person standing in front of me. We made those stupid plans when we were kids? We still are kids. She sighs loudly, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I'm just emotional."

"No it's fine" I answer, although it feels awkward now in the room. "I just need to use the bathroom" I lie. I just want to get out of the weird space.

I almost run into Xavier's office, I don't even knock. I just walk straight in.

He's leaning against his desk with his phone pressed to his ear. I shut the door, louder than I mean to and sit down in one of the seats across from him.

He raises his eyebrows at me. "I'll call you back" he mutters, dropping the phone on his desk. "What's wrong?"

"Arnica"

"They're not keeping the baby?"

I shake my head "they are keeping the baby"

"And you're upset... why?"

"I'm not upset. I'm happy for them" I sigh loudly and place my face in my hands. "She's not coming to college, instead she's going to buy a house with Noah and have a baby. What the heck? Plus Mason's not talking to me.  I don't know what to do about college. I know it sounds stupid but we made all these plans, all these things we wanted to try and I don't care what she says, I know she was excited to do them to. Now what do I do? I don't even want to go to college if I'm not with them."