3 // Woah There

~Ashley's POV~

The next day I woke up well rested. I fell asleep studying last night. I need to start sitting at my desk while I study instead of laying in my very comfy bed. I smiled at the thought of its soft, warmness. (I just read a really detailed story about Jesus and Hitler... I'm sorry HAHA)

When I got on the bus I found an empty seat. I hate sitting next to people on the bus. Like, why are my legs touching someone I don't know? Awkwarddddd. I sit against the window with my headphones in and my book bag taking up the remaining space.

The next stop was Ethans. I can't stop thinking about him. I mean, that jawline , ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHhhHhhHhhHHHHHhh mygod.

I figured out that I've known Ethan for a while...Ironic right? He's been on my bus since 9th grade. He catches my eye all the time. I feel like I see him everywhere.

When his stop came I acted like I was on my phone. As he made his way to the back of the bus I looked up, he was already looking at me. He smiled and kept walking.

Asdfghjkl his smiiiiiiiile.

I skipped the current song playing in my headphones and looked back up. Ethan was standing there, but he looked... Different. As this "different" sat in front of me I got a text.

Ethan ;) : I see you 👀

I turned around in my seat and found Ethan sitting in the very back.

"But..." I said out loud, while turning to face the back of "different" Ethans head. I'm guessing I said "but..." to loud because he turned around. I was already starring at him like a weirdo.

"Twins" said 'different' Ethan while smiling, "I'm Grayson."

That makes soooooo much sense.

"Oh," I said while laughing a little, "I'm Ashley."

As if reading my thoughts, Grayson said, "Ethan doesn't talk to many people. But when he does, and they see me, they start talking to me and forget all about him. I saw him smile at you."

"Awh, that's so upsetting. Ethans such a sweet heart." My eyes went wide once I realized who I was talking to. His brother. I felt my face flush. Grayson smiled and turned around.

"He said the same thing about you..." Grayson said as he leaned against the window.

~

"Give me a V- give me a I-" said Emily as we walked to her house.

"VICTORY!" I said while laughing.

"I didn't finish!" She wined, pushing me. She laughed like a maniac.

I smiled as she ran off. Just like old times. I chased after her.

~

"Emily!! Are you almost ready?!" Mrs. Moore, Emily's mom, said.

I was waiting downstairs with her, drinking tea. I haaaaaate coffee.

"Why aren't you trying out for cheerleading?" Mrs.Moore asked as she sipped her tea, "I always see you practicing with Emily."

"Well, I just stretch with her, it's good to loosen up your muscles." I said.

~

At practice I sat in the bleachers, right smack in the middle. The field was cut in half by cones. On one side the cheerleading tryouts were held, on the other... Football.

I went on snapchat and zoomed in, close, on Emily. She was loosening her body, looking like one of those inflatable dancing people. I laughed, posted it on my story, and sent it to her.

I looked over at the football side and zoomed in on someone's butt, you could see the back of their shirt. "Long Valley High School Wrestling"

I put "ass" and posted it on my story. An announcement came on saying the tryouts would start in 10 minutes. The athletes crowed onto the bleachers. Emily checked her phone once she sat down, as she watched it I laughed.

"I hate you" she said, but she was laughing.

A few seconds later I got a snapchat from "ethandolan8"

It was me, "I like your ass too ;)"

I dropped my phone.

"What?" Emily asked. I turned around and saw Ethan at the top of the bleachers. Sure enough, his shirt said, "Long Valley High School Wrestling"

~

The whole practice I was shaking. Emily did a great job and when she finished I cheered. It was kind of awkward since I was one of the only people on the bleachers. Everyone looked at me.

"Don't be jealous just because you don't have skill!" I yelled while clapping for Emily.

The football team 'oooooo'd. "Damnnnn" "shots fired"

I smiled while sitting down.

~

I've been debating on this for the past 3 years. I wasn't gonna do it, until I saw Coach Brooks walk away from the football players.

I took a deep breath, "Coach Brooks!" I called out while running over to him, "I need to talk to you."

As we walking off the field and to his office I felt eyes on me.

"What's up Ash?" He asked. He knows me from my brothers football years.

I hesitated at first, but then spit it out. "I wanna try out for the team."

~

I woke up bright and early the next day. Six am, I had to be at the field by six forty five for my tryout.

We've never had a girl on the team before.

Well, never say never. I packed up all my things and left by 6:20. I decided to jog there, get warmed up. Once I reached the field I started to stretch. When Coach Brooks showed up, he opened the locker room for me. I brought my brothers jersey to wear, that's the only thing that wasn't mine. Like I said, I love football.

After I finished my tryout I threw my helmet on the ground and spread across the grass next to Coach Brooks. "How'd I do?" I said, out of breath.

I heard him breathe deep, I sat up and leaned on my elbows.

"You are qualified to be on the team," he said. I almost passed out.

"Coach... I can't do it. I didn't think I would make it." Once I was offered the chance, my fear came back all over again. "People will talk about me, a girl playing football?"

Coach Brooks thought for a second, then snapped his fingers and said, "What if you're not a girl?"

~End Of Chapter~

Woooaaahhh

Do YoU gUyS liKe My bOoK?

Follow my Instagram (dolantwinsloveyou)

~(:)Courtney(:)