20 // Start Over

(Vote pls)

~Ashley's POV~

Seizure... I had a seizure.

The doctor said my blood pressure dropped extremely fast in a very short amount of time which caused my body to go into shock. I should've calmed down, I should've just let it go.

My life was falling apart anyway, right? All the cheating, the missed understandings, the heart aches.

 I woke up in the hospital with my family around me, even Emily was there. I watched as everyone burst into tears when I spoke up. They cried because I was alive. They probably didn't even hear what I said... 

~

I slept most of the weekend and woke up early on Monday morning. I got out of bed and took a quick shower, then blow dried my hair. It was was way too frizzy so I pulled it back into a French braid. I brushed my teeth and put on some light make-up. I went to my closet and pulled out a pair of black joggers and a black sweatshirt that said 'PINK' on it. I put on my black vans and headed downstairs.

I wanted to forget about everything that happened and try to live a normal life again. I went straight to the kitchen and pulled out all the ingredients for French toast. I made piles and piles of French toast and set up 5 plates. I drizzled each one with syrup and put powdered sugar all over them.

When the kids came downstairs, all ready for school, and my parents ready for work, they were in shock. All the plates were placed at the dining room table. I had a pitcher of orange juice on the table and twp glasses for Breny and Allisa. I also had a pot of coffee made and two mugs. I put my coffee in a to go cup.

"Woah woah woah," Breny said whole smirking and digging into his plate.

"You cut the crust off mine!" Allisa screamed in joy.

My mom smiled at me and sat down. I'm glad I could make her happy. She was still kind of freaked out about Friday.

My dad walked over and kissed my cheek as he made his way to the coffee pot. "What's the special occasion?"

"Just wanted to make my family happy," I smiled. That was half true. I wanted to make myself happy also.

When everyone was done eating I told the kids to grab their bags.

"You don't need to take them to school, they can ride the bus," my mom said once she heard me.

"No mom, really, it's fine," I said while running past her and  up the stairs to grab my bag.

~

When we got in the car I let Breny sit in the front.

"So, you're turning 15 soon," I said while ruffling his hair. "What do you want for your birthday."

I watched a wheel turn in his head and his eyes light up. He turned and smirked at me but before he could say anything I stopped him.

"Brennan Micheal Newman, I may be your older sister but I will not get you porn, you little shit," I snapped. I watched his little shoulders fall as he fell back into his seat.

I laughed as we stopped at a red light. I saw someone pull up on my left side out of the corner of my eye. I looked over and saw Ethan. He was looking at me.

He probably thought I was some crazy syco bitch, I completely understand. I treated him like he was my crazy ex... But he is-was- wait... He never was.

I took a deep breath and tried to make the lump rising in my throat go away. I slightly smiled at him. It looked like I took him by surprise, like he thought I was mad at him. He shortly recovered and smiled back.

Once my light turned green, I slammed on the gas, driving as fast as I could around the bend and away from Ethan.

~

I got a lecture from Ms.Anderson about leaving class without permission, whether it was part of my skit or not. She then checked my attendance and found out that I left school completely. She gave me detention and glared at me as I walked away. 

I slumped down in my desk and texted my mom. As I looked around the class I realized there were so many people I never talked to before, so many people I completely ignored. But I really didn't ignore them, I was just dreaming... Right? Whatever.

I put my head on my desk and wrapped my arms around myself. A few minutes later I felt someone sit down next to me. I didn't bother to look up for 2 reasons. One, I'm too tired, and two, I honestly don't fucking care anymore. 

But when this little shit started tapping their goddamn hands on the table I almost lost my shit. I flung my head up so fast that my chair moved back. I watched as Ethan jerked his head towards me in shock.

"I'm sorry, just- that was getting on my nerves," I said sighing and bringing my knees up to my chest. (Some desks at my school are HUGE and I love sitting like this)

"Oh, I'm sorry. I do that when I'm nervous," he said blushing a little.

"I know," I chuckled. Maybe we could start over?

"What?" He asked. I was confused until I thought back to what I just said. I know... I KNOW, REALLY ASH.

"Okay!" Ms.Anderson yelled while clapping her hands. Everyone turned to face her as she started her instructions for today. Saved!

I felt Ethans eyes on me the whole time.

~

The bell rang at the end of class, snapping Ethan and I out of character.

"Thank you for your help today," Ms.Anderson said as we headed to our seats to get our bags.

"So, we should hang out after school," Ethan said shyly while handing over a small piece of paper with his number on it. I slipped it into my back pocket even though I knew his number my heart. Or maybe it wasn't even his number I memorized.

I smiled at him. This is the Ethan I fell in love with. The shy, goofy, lovey dovey one.

"Oh crap," I said suddenly. "I have detention today." I sighed.

I watched as Ethans eyes turned to evil. He grabbed my hand and ran out into the hallway. When he made eye contact with a teacher he let go of my hand and ran over to a locked door. All the extra rooms in our school that aren't classrooms have code locks to get into them.

"Ethan, the teacher's looking," I hissed across the hallway at him. But he didn't listen. He put in a code and actually got in. I didn't know he could do that!

"Dolan! Get over here right now!" I heard Mr.Hazzen call from down the hall. A few minutes later Ethan came walking down the hallway towards me with a smile on his face.

He bumped against my shoulder and kept walking.

"Why so happy, bup?" I asked while smiling.

I watched as he laughed and turned around, holding up a small pink paper that was...

a detention slip.

-End Of Chapter-

My school caught on fire today and the goddamn teacher wouldn't let us out of the classroom when EVERYONE else in the building was outside on the football field... 👌🏼< I was THIS CLOSE TO DEATH

~(:)Courtney(:)