8 // Football

(Read my damn authors note at the end 😂)

~Ashley's POV~

I woke up the next day with a smile on my face.

... But then it hit me. Number one, I have school today. Number two, I don't play football anymore. And number three, my life is over...

I got up and went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and blow dried my hair. I brushed my teeth and put on a little bit of makeup. I went into my closet and got out a pair of jeans and a 'Seaside' hoodie. I got dressed and finished my outfit with white vans. I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs. I never eat breakfast but I always cook for my two little brats.

"Ashley, why'd you come home so late last night?" Breny asked, a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, I saw you headlights in my window," Allisa joined in.

"What were you doing up so late?" I asked poking her in the stomach and making her laugh.

I ignored all their questions and continued to make their breakfast. It was a chocolate chip pancake kinda day.

"Did you know that they call them 'Pancakes' because they're cakes made in a pan!" Allisa shouted.

I placed down my spatula and widened my eyes. Holy shit.

"Everyone knows that, stupid!" Breny yelled.

Well don't I feel dumb.

~

My mom asked me to drive the kids to school today which meant I'd have to leave a good 45 minutes before I usually do. Where I live, the younger kids go to school earliest.

I texted Ethan and told him that I'd be picking him up.

When I got into my car I unlocked the doors. Allisa was already in her seat but Breny was still inside. I rolled down my window and honked the horn.

"C'mon slow poke! I don't have all day!" I yelled. I love teasing him.

When he ran out of the house I noticed he wasn't going towards the door behind me, but rather the one beside me. I smirked as I leaned over and locked the passenger side door.

"Back seat today kid," I said, pointing my thumb towards the seat behind me.

He glared at me but didn't say anything.

As we drove out of the driveway I made a left towards Ethans house.

"Ashhhh," Breny dragged on, "you're going the wrong wayyyy." He sang this last part. He loved proving me wrong in anyyyyyy way, shape, or form.

"No I'm noooooooot," I sang back, matching his tone.

"But the schools the other way, smart one." He said.

I looked in my mirror at him and pulled over.

"You know," I started to say as I put my car in park. "You could walk."

He took and imaginary zipper and zipped his mouth shut, took a key, locked it, and threw the key out his window. I laughed at his childish behavior. This kid is a freshman and still acts like a kid. Breny and I don't go to the same high school. He goes to one of those special schools that you have to take some test to get into. Fuck that. I'm not taking no damn test. Plus, he has to go to school earlier. And my mom said I was missing out. Smh.

When we got to Ethans house I texted him. Unlike Breny, Ethan was out in seconds.

I unlocked his door so he could get in.