18 // What Do You Mean?

(Go check out my Grayson fanfiction called Disconnected )

~Ashley's POV~

I froze. What's going on?

"Ashley! I need you to bring the kids to school!" I continued to look at my phone until it shut off, then I went downstairs.

I grabbed an apple and sat down at the island. Breny and Allisa were just finishing breakfast. Since I didn't come down early this morning, they just had cereal.

"Thanks for the breakfast, Ashley," Breny growled at me.

"Learn to live on your own, brat," I snapped back.

~

Once I dropped the kids off, I drove myself to school. When I parked my car I sat in it for a little bit. I thought back to what happened this morning.

I opened my phone and stared at my lockscreen before going to my messages. The only ones there were between me and Emily, my mom, my dad, and Breny.

I raised my eyebrows and went to my contacts. I scrolled down to E and G looking for the twins.

Ethan(:

Graybae

They weren't there.

"Who the fuck?" I muttered in disbelief.

Did someone really come into my room last night to take care of me, and delete all my connections with the twins? I was actually pissed.

I went into my camera roll and scrolled through my photos. Half of my pictures were gone!

This time I gasped and went to Instagram, going straight to my profile.

... Okay, how did I loose 200k followers over night?

~

I walked into class early and found my way to my seat. A few minutes later the bell rang and the kids started to file in. As I was writing in my journal, I saw a shadow appear on the page.

"Um," I heard them say. I looked up and saw a kid I didn't recognize. "You're in my seat."

"Um, no I'm not." I said back. He didn't say it rudely, I was just in a bad mood.

He looked at me for a second before turning around and calling out. "Ms.Anderson!"

I scoffed and stood up. I grabbed my books and walked over to her desk.

"Please tell me where my seat is," I said once I got to her. She directed me towards a familiar seat.

"Ms.Anderson, that's my old seat," I said with a chuckle, "I sit over there but that kid is saying it's his."

She just looked at me for a second and my chuckle faded out.

"Ash, we never changed seats."

~

I was so confused. The whole class period I felt strange. Ethane didn't even look at me, not once. I mean, to be fair he didn't look at anyone, which was strange. He was acting the same we used to, before we met. Ethan was always so shy and kept to himself. Veronica, ugh that name kills me, was the one girl that only messed with him. She thought just because Grayson was a player that Ethan would be too. I don't know if she was right...

"Ethan, you're with Ashley today," Ms.Anderson called out. I let out a soft sigh and turned around in my desk.

Ethan brought over a chair and sat down.

"Hi," he said with a soft smile. Was he blushing?

I didn't say anything back and decided to get started with the skit. We had to write a five minute skit and perform it. I decided to write about a break up, ironic right?

Ethan just kind of sat there, giving suggestions as I wrote down my ideas. I ignored every single one but he still tried to help. When I finished I pushed the paper over to him.

He read over it and his face started to get red. "I-I don't think I can do this," he said studdering.

I glared at him. "Why, it's not like you haven't done this before," I spat at him before grabbing the paper and walking away.

"What do you mean?" He asked. I ignored him once again and brought the paper up to Ms.Anderson.

"Great," she said joyfully. "You guys can go first."

Ethan looked scared out of his mind. I smirked and made my way to the front of the class.

I got myself prepared as Ethan walked up. When I looked up at him his face had turned into a tomato. I chuckled and started the skit.

"Why," I said softly.

"W-What do you m-mean," he studdered. That earned a few laughs from the class. Little did they know, his nervousness wasn't part of the skit.

"You hurt me. You took my heart and basically stomped on it. Do you see this face." I said, pointing at myself. I raised my voice and stepped closer to him. "I used to be happy. I used to smile. Before you came along my life was so put together and you ruined it!"

I'm pretty sure everyone by now has figured out that we broke up.

"Okay, I can't do this." He said while throwing his hands in the air. "What do you mean, like really. What. Do. You. Mean. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about." He broke character. The class didn't realize though. As a shocked expression spread across my face, they laughed.

"You little shit!" I screamed, grabbing the teachers attention. We were allowed to curse in our skits but I never have. I now had everyone's attention, not that I wanted it.

"You know exactly what you did! You cheated on me with that slut! I'm your 'side hoe' apparently." I turned to the audience. "Do you hear that! Yeah. But then he has the nerve, the nerve, to say the other girl is the side hoe... DOES IT MATTER WHO THE FUCKING SIDE HOE IS?!" I marched over to my desk and snatched my back. I then made a break for the door, trying to hold in my tears as I left.

I heard clapping and cheering as I ran down the hall. But the weird thing is...

Ethan didn't come after me this time.

-End Of Chapter-

Whoooaoaoaoaa, what do you thinks going on?

Guess what ... I love you

Make sure you check out my Grayson fanfiction (: Disconnected

BTW I NEED SOME MORE NAMES SO IF YOU WANNA BE IN ONE OF MY BOOKS COMMENT YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME, OR A MADE UP FIRST AND LAST NAME. THANKS

~(:)Courtney(:)