21 // Strings

~Ashley's POV~

"Yeah, his name's Grayson. He's pretty rad," Ethan chuckled.

We're currently sitting outside the school against a tree. My tree. We skipped detention and Ethan was determined to get to know me better. All this confuses me to be honest.

For the past hour we've been asking each other questions, telling secrets, and just enjoying each other's presence. I've been using my acting skills to look 'surprised' when Ethan tells me something weird or unbelievable. I know everything about this boy, and he knows nothing about me. I just don't understand...

I keep trying to get all the bad images out of my mind. You know, him and Emily. I know that was all a misunderstanding but... It still hurts. And who could forget, I'm the 'side hoe'. You know, I never got an explanation for that one. It's just all so hard to forget.

"Do you have any siblings?" He asked.

I tried to keep from frowning. Allisa loved him. "I have a younger sister, a younger brother, and an older brother who's in college."

He nodded and looked away. I could tell he was thinking of something.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. He jerked his head back to look at me, like he didn't even know he had looked away.

I watched him hesitate before asking, "Why did you flip out on me the other day? You were acting so rude when I introduced myself, you wouldn't let me help with the skit, and then you just - screamed at me. What happened?"

I was taken back. I didn't know what to say or how to explain. But he was looking at me, straight in the eyes. I stared back into his beautiful hazel eyes as all our good memories floated back.

*flashback*

"Darling I want all the strings attached!" I sang as Ethan and I drove to the beach. He let me use the aux cord and I emediatly put on my real dad. (Shawn Peter Raul Mendes is my real dad)

I looked over at Ethan and he was already smiling at me.

"I love it when you look at me like that," I continued to sing, grabbing his hand. "You're the only one that brings me back, cause baby I want all the strings attached."

I watched as he squeezed my hand and sang along with me.

"It's like always and forever!" He screamed. I stopped singing and laughed.

He paused the song and looked at me.

"What? Is my singing not good enough for you?" He said as we pulled up to a red light. He crossed his arms and pouted.

I leaned over the middle console and grabbed his face in my hands.

"When I'm with you I feel better, I want all the strings, all the strings attached." I sang.

He laughed and pushed me off of him.

"You're so corny, I hate you." He said, still laughing.

"You looooooove me," I said while laughing.

He grabbed my hand and looked at me.

"I do."

*end of flashback*

I felt a tear drip down my cheek.

"Tell me," Ethan said grabbing my hand. Neither of us moved, we stayed looking into each other's eyes.

"The love of my life broke my heart, but I'm okay with it," I whispered.

"Why are you okay with it?" He whispered back.

Another tear dripped down my face. "Because it's all over," my voice cracked. "He didn't mean to."

Ethans eyes roamed my face, looking down to my lips and back up to my eyes. His thumbs wiped away the tears escaping my eyes.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked, softly.

I nodded my head as butterflies floated around in my stomach.

He started to lean in, but suddenly stopped.

"I need you to do one thing first," he said.

I nodded again.

He leaned in close and moved my hair behind my ear. He brought his face next to mine and softly whispered in my ear.

"Wake up"

-End Of Chapter-(make sure you vote and comment)

WOAH IM NOT GONNA SAY NOTHING, BYE ILY

~(:)Courtney(:)