Chapter 1

"You've done it again. I told you to relax yourself, but you wouldn't listen. You never listen!" My stepmother, Mary-Ann, screams from frustration and a tiny part in me felt guilty. She was pacing back and forth, giving me another lecture on controlling my emotions.

You see, I have found out that my emotions can trigger anything that's around me. Like it's some type of...magic. Usually when I get too happy, sad, angry, or basically anything, I can start an 'incident'. This time, I got angry at the worlds most obnoxious person you can ever think of: Abigail Princeston. She just had to start talking to me and then, boom! My biology class somehow blown up because of a pesky insult she directed at me.

This isn't the first time though. One time at lunch, she stared it. I remember like it was yesterday. She had started yelling at me for bumping into her and listed a whole bunch of overused insults on me like freak, weirdo, loser, and way much more. And as lighting a match and igniting that flame within me, there was a mini tornado. Tables stared to flip, food was scattered everywhere, and I was at the center of it all. Man, it was a complete mess.

"....-er you even listening??" My stepmother's voice screeches.

"Yes I am. I can hear you crystal clear." I replied giving her a forced grin.

Her eyes narrows and its giving me a look saying 'say one more word and I'm gonna slap you'. So I kept my mouth shut.

"Go up to your room right now. I need to think how I'm going to explain this to your principal." She says, rubbing her temples. "Why...why..why..."

I sighed heavily and stomped upstairs to my room. I slammed my door and laid down on my bed and stared up at my ceiling.

The fact that she started mumbling to herself saying that she never asked for this made me even more upset, but I tried to stay calm and keep the roof of the house stay put. I know I put my stepmother through too much. "But did she seriously have to rub it in my face to say how much a pain in the ass I am?" I thought bitterly to myself.

I got up from my bed and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. I let the hot water simmer on my skin for a long while, taking in as much warmth as I can. The steam emitting from the shower calmed me down a bit and made me feel safe. As much as I wanted to stay in the very warm shower, I know Mary-Ann would start banging on the door and complain about how I'm wasting water. So quickly I finished my shower and prepared myself to go to sleep. 

~*~

It was dark. Very dark. There were two voices speaking out in the dark. Both male and it sounded like they were arguing.

"She knows too much and you know it. You've seen how stubborn that girl is and she's not going to give up." The first one yelled.

"I don't care what you say about her. There is still a chance to get her powers, but you can't just see it!" The second yelled back.

I look to see who it was and walked towards the voices. There were two men. The first one was tall and slim, and his jet black hair was slicked back. His pale, almost white, skin was thin and made his boney features more prominent. Everything he was wearing was black, making it seem like was hollow on the inside. The second guy looked much older and was shorter than the first one. His thinning gray hair was also pulled all the way back and was wearing black pants and a white button down shirt.

Although it did look kinda tight on him though.

Both of them notice me and stared in my direction. I almost peed in my pants when I saw their eyes. They had a mixture of red and black in them. Smirks appeared on their lips.