Chapter 24

Sorry but this is kind of a short chapter but full of confessions at the end. Ha!

Also the pic above is how the room looks that Joy checks out.

Enjoy!!!

*************************************

Everyone is asleep, and now is my chance to go find out what's in that secret room in that library. Going now is the perfect time, this means no interruptions.

I carefully got out of bed and silently cursed the floor for being so cold. Grabbing the map/letter, I walked outside and closed my door which luckily, didn't make any noise.

Going down the corridors, I heard footsteps around the corner and instantly my back hit against the wall, as I hid in the darkness.

The footsteps were growing louder until I saw someone, cautiously walking down the halls. It was kind of hard to make out who the person was so I was about to give up when I heard them speak.

It was a hushed whisper I still couldn't make out but I knew who that was.

What is Elizabeth doing now? I wondered.

I shrugged as I went the opposite direction which where the library was.

Quietly, opening the door, the lights were dim and the place empty. Like zero life whatsoever. Which I'm grateful for.

Looking back on the map, I followed the line that lead my to the very back where no one even bother to come near. The place was dusty, dark, and had an odd smell.

Continuing following the line, it lead me to an dead end. I huffed as I to a glance at the wall.

Maybe there's a hidden switch or something somewhere.

My hands ran over the plain, dusty, dirty wall until I felt a knob. Tearing up the old fabric, behind was a door.

Slowly opening the door, with my heart beating rapidly, was a staircase that lead upstairs.

This is very.....creepy.

Taking a large, deep breath in, I braced myself and started walking up the stairs.

Finally after reaching the top was another door.

Opening the large wooden door slowly, behind was a dark, abandon room. I could barely make out what was inside because of the very small window, not bringing any light in.

I put my hand against the wall to find a light switch, which I did, and turned it on.

The small room had chipped walls all over with dead vines in the cracked corners. The were also dead little leaves  scattered on the floor and two or three small desks were on one side of the room while on the other side was shelves with glass containers on top.

I walked over to one of the desk to see papers neatly stacked on one side while on the other side, were pictures of unfamiliar people. As I started looking through them, I started seeing mostly Sam, Robert, and Henry, but just an older version of them.

But I came across one picture with a lady looking straight into the camera. Her vibrant golden eyes had a distant look in them while her brown hair came down past her shoulders. Her skin tone was slightly lighter than mine, and I glanced down to see her small hand over the bump on her stomach. And I had no doubt in my mind of who it was,

"Mom...." I whispered to myself as I felt tears coming.

Taking a deep breath in, I moved that picture to the side and looked through the papers.

Come on.....there has to be something about her.

After going through all the papers that had useless notes all over on the desk and inside the drawers, I was about to give up until something caught my eye.
Underneath all the junk was a small journal with messed up brown cover and papers sticking out.

Picking it up, the was dust on it that I brushed off and on the cover, in bold letters, 'My Journal'.

Opening to the first page was:

       To whoever is reading this,

As you can see, you have found my map that lead you to my secret room. So now that you have found it, in this journal, it will tell everything that's needed to be known.

   And if you are reading this Joy, I hope it's not too late, but I love you so much. I wish I would have been with you through all the years you have been growing up. When you say your first word, when you started walking, and even when you cry. I just wanted to see your beautiful face. I love you Joy Wright, and never forget that.

                                     Love, Cathy Wright.

"Love you too Mom."

All of these feelings were so overwhelming, I didn't even notice I Sun was rising which meant that everyone will be waking up soon.

I quickly got up and put everything back in its place and left the room. I went through the library and passed by a few servants in the halls as I reached my lovely room.

I ran to my bed and smiled to myself as I felt my eyes close as sleep was taking over.

.

.

A hand was placed on my forehead and I heard some murmurs in the background.

"What is this....like her THRID fever?!?" I heard Henry's frustrated voice.

"Maybe she's coming down with something?" Robert's voice commented.

"But this isn't like her." I felt the bed dip.

There were silence again until Robert spoke up again, "I'll leave you two alone.

Then the door closed and was complete silence.

Henry sighed as I felt his cold hand against the side of my face and pushed my hair out of my face.

"Joy...if you're listening, which you probably aren't...I wanted to say this on our date, and I couldn't wait to get it off my chest. But then, when I came into your room, you were sleeping and you had another fever. But that's not the point.... The point is...is that I-I love you... I love you Joy. I love the way you make me feel, I love the way you smile, the way you laugh, or how you always fidget when you're hungry, or when you scrunch up your nose when you get mad...." He chuckled as he took another breath, "I'm in love with you Joy."

...

HE LOVES ME?!?!

Wait....he said he's in love with me. But do I love him back? Although love is a pretty strong word and a feeling. It could make you really happy or sad or angry, but then happy again. It's like love's bipolar or something.... But the question is do I love him back?

Cracking open my eyes to see Henry looking down, I said, "I love you too."

*************************************

Again, sorry for really short chapter but wow.....they finally admit it. About time tho....

Anywho....you already know what to do...

VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE!!!

Until the next time.....=)